By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR! Heavenly Sword 2 Axed, Ninja Theory Moving

misteromar mk4 said:
Another kick in the nuts for ps3 owners.

What? Not only did PS3 owners reject Heavenly Sword forcing Sony to bundle the crap out of the game in Europe to get sales but it was a commercial failure for it's budget as well. This is no kick in the nuts, this is Sony useing their brains and focusing the funds elsewhere to more talented developers. Heavenly Sword did not deliver. So a sequel is a shocking idea, in fact, Ninja Theory in general are a shocking idea as Sony Cambridge had to do a lot of the work in Heavenly Sword as it was.

The amount of Sony fans who will give a damn about this is minimal.

Not to mention that we already knew from quite a while ago that Ninja Theory were not making a HS sequel. The fact that their relationship with Sony has degraded to the point where they are moving to a new location is new though. It's possible though, Sony were very sore after HS didn't deliver the quality after receiving a 20mil+ budget.

Around the Network

less single player
more multiplayer online/offline

considering HS was average/good, it is not so bad to me . ..

I dont care of Lair2/ HS2 ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
less single player
more multiplayer online/offline

considering HS was average/good, it is not so bad to me . ..

I dont care of Lair2/ HS2 ...

I wouldn't have minded seeing an HS2.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Lair 2 also (yes, I know it's not Ninja Theory).  I wanted Lair to be a great game, but it turned out to be crap.  I still think there was potential there and maybe in a sequel they would be able to see what went wrong and redesign the controls and combat.  I liked the concept alot, just not the implementation.  Anyway, that's just hopeful wishing.

I give that post a 9.8. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Ninja Theory said months ago they were not working on a sequel.

this news is BS. People like starcraft and misteromar can edit their post in saying...

"whoops looks like I was too fast to chime in here not knowing the situation"

Isn't Sony Cambridge and Ninja Theory two separate development teams?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:
Riachu said:
Heavenly Sword sold below expectations so I am not really suprised that HS2 was canned

Did it? I thought hitting 1 million was a pretty damn good achievement, and if Sony really expected alot more they were being a bit foolish.

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=PS3&reg%5B%5D=America&reg%5B%5D=Total+Others&start=38431&end=39341

Heavenly Sword opened with a user base of 3.5mil in Others + NA

And....

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=PS3&reg%5B%5D=Japan&start=38431&end=39397

1.3 mil in Japan...

I wouldn't say it sold under expectations.

And its still slightly selling.

starcraft said:
Isn't Sony Cambridge and Ninja Theory two separate development teams?

well if we are going off by rumors now... rumor has it Sony SCEE wasn't even working on the title GASP!!!!

Financial Viability is a term that can kill a lot of games (or game ideas) that have potential ... The fact is that many/most publishers do not like taking unnecessary risks, and spending $20 Million or more on a game that stands a high chance of selling less than 1 Million units is far too risky of an investment.

starcraft said:
Eight Days, Getaway 3 and Heavenly Sword 2 in less than two weeks. With Sony Europe faltering, and the Japanese studios coming up short, PS3 owners turn to America........

Er?

America?

Lol, do you honestly believe in all the "PS3 is doomed" theories that you constantly create or do you simply like to steer up the PS3 fanboys? They're quite HILARIOUS coming from a 360 fanboy. Bless you! Keep up the good job!

Phil Harrison, why did you leave us?

*cries*