By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR! Heavenly Sword 2 Axed, Ninja Theory Moving

Gamer4life said:
Hopefully it comes to the 360. MS really cares about their gamers and their interests unlike SONY

A. Reported

B. Sony owns it.

Around the Network

Heavenly Sword looked great, but as a game it was mediocre - not a big loss IMO.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

cwbys21 said:
If Konami says that MGS4 would be profitable after selling one million copies, then Heavenly Sword is definately profitable after selling one million copies. And after beating MGS4 last night and seeing how many people worked on the game I am suprised that it only took one million to turn the profit.

Sony knows what they are getting from a game Heavenly Sword 2. Average software sales, maybe a small profit, and no hardware boost. They obviously know this is not a good way to spend years of employees times, and I bet you anything they will try games that are a bit "different", in hopes of creating something that turns into gold for them.

Ninja Theory's Tameem Antoniades has responded at NeoGaf about the rumors "Heavenly Sword 2 is being canned".

Here is what he had to say:

We (Ninja Theory) never started work on HS2 as we wanted to focus on new multiplatform IP. Sony owns the IP for HS and we have never been privy to what they would do with it.

As for moving, we have been planning to move to larger premises for future expansion for the best part of a year. There is nothing bitter about the move.

And the rumour that the team has been disbanded is ridiculous. We have had an unbelievably loyal team especially as we went through some difficult times securing a new publishing deal. We have a new publisher and are busy on our new project which is going very well so far.

HS is far from our thoughts at the moment.

Tameem

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11612633&postcount=78

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Aj_habfan said:
cwbys21 said:
If Konami says that MGS4 would be profitable after selling one million copies, then Heavenly Sword is definately profitable after selling one million copies. And after beating MGS4 last night and seeing how many people worked on the game I am suprised that it only took one million to turn the profit.

Sony knows what they are getting from a game Heavenly Sword 2. Average software sales, maybe a small profit, and no hardware boost. They obviously know this is not a good way to spend years of employees times, and I bet you anything they will try games that are a bit "different", in hopes of creating something that turns into gold for them.

That is what I was saying, it was said and implied that HS didn't do good even though it has sold a million and made money.  thats pretty good.  was it enough to warrant a sequal, probably.  but better to get them working on something that will make lots of money instead of a good bit of money.

Around the Network

isnt the HS ip owned by sony, so it dont matter if that nt leave because sony can just get better developers capable of creating a longer game to develop HS2.