By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR! Heavenly Sword 2 Axed, Ninja Theory Moving

Heavenly Sword 2 Axed, Ninja Theory Moving

Chalk this up as pure rumor for now.

An inside UK source tells us that Heavenly Sword 2 has been canned by Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe. The game was axed after months in development because it is no longer seen as commercially viable, our source tells us.

The news came during an emergency meeting set up for the Sony Cambridge team which was working on the game.

On a side note, Ninja Theory, who have already said they weren't working on the sequel to their Playstation 3 exclusive, have grown increasingly bitter about their treatment at Sony's hands, our source tells us. I'm told that the development studio, which once had offices in the same building as Sony Cambridge, have started packing up to move to a new location.

I guess when they said they wanted to move away from Sony and get into multi-platform development they weren't kidding.

If true, this marks the third major project, counting Eight Days and Getaway 3, that has been canned by SCEE. Is the Europe arm of Sony in trouble? No clue, but we've asked for comment.

http://kotaku.com/5017126/heavenly-sword-2-axed-ninja-theory-leaving-scee

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Well Ninja theory aren't owned by Sony anyway. I did not think that they were making HS anyway. The article seems to say that SCE cambridge was working on it without them, which is a little confusing

sad news

Another kick in the nuts for ps3 owners.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Wow, how many times can Heavenly Sword 2 be axed.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Heavenly Sword sold below expectations so I am not really suprised that HS2 was canned

I'm very confused too, how is NT, who has already stated they won't be making the next HS game... moving to a new location has anything to do with the rumour of HS2 being canned?

Kinda hard to believe HS is not commerically viable. Considering it's one of the few new IPs that sold well on PS3

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

how can hs2 be axed, when it wasn't even announced? ninja theory weren't making the sequel anyway, and sony own the ip to heavenly sword. no offence tot the OP, but is it dumbass news day today? so much stupidness flying around the forums today.

Since when did they start working on HS2? I call this news bulshit.

misteromar mk4 said:
Another kick in the nuts for ps3 owners.

The whole article is speculation on news that's already pretty well known, I'm not sure this is like a kick in the nuts :P Maybe more like a kick to the eyelid, were just confused and in a state of wtf just happened? :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.