By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii menu update version 3.3 now up!

mmmm ill update my system now... lets see whats new... more Memory??... no?...ahh... xD

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Around the Network

Something about transfering your Miis to Mii Parade.

Dam you guys are lucky, you get ur wii updates whenever its done, we ps3 owners have to wait for sony to schedule it.

mM
leo-j said:
Dam you guys are lucky, you get ur wii updates whenever its done, we ps3 owners have to wait for sony to schedule it.

The Wii ones are scheduled too, but Ninty usually don't show off anything...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Soriku said:
Here's what it does:

You can transfer Miis from your Plaza to your parade, Wii message board pictures are now scrunched to 4:3 even if they were 16:9 before, stops unauthorized data management (meaning no homebew). Maybe some other things too...

How exactly does it stop it? Nintendo should just let homebrew. Anyway I'm sure the hacker people will find a way.

Around the Network

... downloading then...

Apparently the update deletes unsigned save data. Which is a stopgap measure at best; the homebrew scene will simply figure out the Wii's desired data signature, or otherwise bypass the anti-homebrew measures. That's just how it is with software: if it can be coded, it can be decoded.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:

The Wii ones are scheduled too, but Ninty usually don't show off anything...

Well, Leo-j DOES have a point, well, sorta... I wish Nintendo would tell us when an update is coming and what it does. At least Sony tells its consumers what they are adding or fixing; Nintendo doesn't.

*Downloading*

They do tell us what's being updated... once in a while.

It's funny, while other companies let you do more things with every update, wii updates require questioning whether losing the ability to import games is worth a meaningless addition to mii parade