By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii menu update version 3.3 now up!

shams said:
Don't worry everyone - *every* disc game released from here onwards will require this firmware to be installed. So appreciate FreeLoader while you can - by the end of this year, it will be completely redundant.

I don't get this. You live in Australia. I don't understand how you can be taking Nintendo's side on this issue, THEY ARE FUCKING YOU OVER! How's brawl? Oh, you haven't played it!

Thank god I modded my Wii, rather than buying a freeloader, now it means my import games STILL WORK. Pirated games will also STILL WORK. Way to justify my modchip, Nintendo. Looks like the pirates win again, meanwhile those of us who just want to be given a fair go are screwed around.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Um, cool down, omgwtfbbq, shams may not have used a /sarcasm tag, but the sarcasm is still pretty obvious from what I can see.

Also WiiStation360 has a very good point, if Nintendo intends to address the storage issue, THEY will want to be the ones to address it, so that they can do it on their OWN terms.

Lets face it, the reason for fixing the Twilight Princess Hack has nothing to do with the likelyhood of piracy, it has to do with how MAINSTREAM the hack has become. It's a totally soft mod so they scare people with broken warranties, it's incredibly simple to use, and uses a game from one of their main franchises to implement it.
Put simply, Nintendo has a large customer base who know nothing about homebrew, piracy or any of that crap. Most of their customer base wouldn't have a chance of being able to install a mod chip, but something as simple as the TP hack has the potential to actually infiltrate into the main consumer base, going from being a niche issue, to being an issue all over.

I'm a huge supporter of homebrew. I use it myself, and I intend to write my own programs for the DS and Wii once I get all the tools I need to start working on that, but the one thing that irritates me about the homebrew community are those people who treat this as some kind of right or due they are owed.
"Oh, Nintendo doesn't do everything I want, so I'll modify their system however I want because it's my right, and if nintendo tries to make that difficult in any way for me, then they are evil and specifically out to get me!"
Sorry, but no, I just don't go for that attitude, and it's one of the reasons why I like the current Wiibrew group so much. You wouldn't even have the system to work with if it wasn't for Nintendo, and yes there's a lot of cool stuff it can do that isn't being done with it, but that hardly infers some god given right for you to do whatever you want with it unimpeded.

For all intents and purposes, homebrewers are master carpenters who borrow their neighbor's tools. Sure, they may be able to do far more with those tools than their neighbor is capable of, but they still need to keep in mind that they're borrowing their neighbor's tools. Now you can claim this isn't the case, since you paid for the system, but that system only has value because Nintendo continues to support it with new games. if Nintendo dropped support for the Wii, then sure, go ahead and homebrew for it, but no one is really going to care because they've moved onto the next latest system.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her