By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So does the resistance demo just suck or is the game actually like that?

Resistance was awesome to me. The amount of strategy to kill the enemy in any fashion was ridiculous. They give you like 20 or so guns and let you use them all. I came up with numerous ways to make it through the tough parts by using the abilities of the guns. But, the reason it may suck to people, IMO, is because the gameplay doesn't engage you to really use the other weapons.

Around the Network

It's not as bad as the demo. Overal a 7/10 game. But multiplayer I'd give an 8. It's better with some mates. Story is pretty meh, but not a bad game, just not great. My mate hasnt got it anymore, so it's been like 4 months since we've sat and played it.

Shooter games are not for everyone. Anyway you can not truly judge a game solely based upon a demo.

As a former PS3 owner, I thought the same thing about the demo. The game is much better.

9.6/10 when I am in the mood for FPS (I rarely am, my everyday score 8.5 -polished, not my style). Disclaimer: I didn't complete this game, I only clocked in 2 hours with it - FPS isn't my thing but if it is yours, I really do think it is one of the better one's of this gen.

Buy Call of Duty 4 before you buy Resistance.

My HD/PC FPS list:
1. Team Fortress 2
2. CoD 4
3. Bioshock - no mp :(
4. Resistance
5. Halo 3
(Gears is not a FPS)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Some people like it, some people don't
EuroGamer give it 60/100, IGN - 91/100

Around the Network

It was okay, i finished it, felt like every other "Meh" FPS i've played on a console, i'd give it a 7/10

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

The game plot is very good - graphics are good etc .
As you say though the controls suck it's just like every other FPS game you get on consoles. The PC was where the FPS was developed and the mouse -keyboard combo remains the most effective means of control , Sony and MS and Nintendo need to provide Keyboard and mouse support for these games but since they dont you will be better of sticking with PC based FPS games.

I had originally hoped to see the motion sensors in the Sixaxis used to provide a point to aim feature much like my PC's Gyromouse (a mouse which uses gyros and you point it in mid air rather than moving it on a desk ) but this has failed to eventuate so far - The Wii at least provides an IR pointing system for several of it;s games which is quite nice though.

PS3 number 1 fan