By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So does the resistance demo just suck or is the game actually like that?

Being a new PS3 owner I've been wanting to check out some of the games I've missed out on in the PS3s first year or so. Demos help with this, so I DL the demo to resistance. I had heard numerous good things about it. If the demo is any indication, then I have no idea why. Maybe I'm just spoiled by playing FPSs on PCs mainly or something but it seemed very average. I wasn't impressed by the graphics at all, the control was clunky (dual analogue for the lose), and it above all else just wasn't fun. Does the demo just suck hard and the game is absolutely nothing like the demo, or does it give a accurate representation and I'm just not into it?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Well, resistance is a game made by Insomniac as I'm sure you know :P And in that reference the game gets really awesome when you get your hands on some of the weapons :D I'm not sure what the demo showed off, but man that game on co-op is absolutely insane xD Medium on co-op seemed almost endless in enemy numbers at times :D The graphics are kinda whatever (it was a launch title :/ ), and the story is interesting, yet accidentally bypassed by the devs XD. I haven't tried that game's solo mode, so if possible hop into it with a friend :D Be forwarned though, medium and up in co-op is quite intense at times >_>

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The game doesn't hold up well after two years.

I hated the demo, but I enjoyed the full game.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

It is a decent shooter, but nothing special. Should be cheap by now though. If you like console FPS's pick it up used from Gamestop and if you don't like it, just return it.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

Found it incredibly dull, personally, and I rented it when I got the PS3.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

its a good game offline and online.

features a huge storyline and a deep multiplayer.

if it wasnt a launch game, it would have scored 9/10 easily

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Once you get hooked on the bullseye, it makes other guns from other games just feel.... empty.... Steer clear of that weapon, you don't want other FPS games to suffer ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The game becomes more impressive and interesting as you progress. It plays differently as PC games do which use mouse and keyboard control, but personally I have grown to like this (former PC FPS gamer myself). IMO it's certainly a fast paced game with lots of things going on simultaneously.

For games which push the PS3 far more technically wait for games like Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, a lot of advancements will have been made in terms of technology. It's the most impressive launch title for the US, but SPU usage was still limited compared to where they are now. Nice touches include very nice window breaking and some cool physics, good weather effects, super solid framerate, diverse weapons, bodies piling up, etc.

Overall I think the game is good fun, provides an interesting story and a solid lag-free online/co-op experience.

Just take a look at some low quality youtube videos to determine if it would be worth it to you or not, the basic gameplay should be identical as the demo:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5sDN7yzt4

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

the only thing i hated about resistance, and maybe its just me, but when u shoot with certain guns if feels like it takes a while for the bullets to reach the enemy and they simply move out of the way. i guess thats what makes resistance the game it is, but it gets irritating.