By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So does the resistance demo just suck or is the game actually like that?

The_vagabond7 said:
Being a new PS3 owner I've been wanting to check out some of the games I've missed out on in the PS3s first year or so. Demos help with this, so I DL the demo to resistance. I had heard numerous good things about it. If the demo is any indication, then I have no idea why. Maybe I'm just spoiled by playing FPSs on PCs mainly or something but it seemed very average. I wasn't impressed by the graphics at all, the control was clunky (dual analogue for the lose), and it above all else just wasn't fun. Does the demo just suck hard and the game is absolutely nothing like the demo, or does it give a accurate representation and I'm just not into it?

What level did the demo show off. Does a plane blow up in the beginning? If so that would be the start of the game which starts off slow but gets better and better as the game goes on. Eventually you have the craziest arsenal ever conceived of and it's a ton of fun. Give it some time.

Around the Network

Does the demo just suck hard and the game is absolutely nothing like the demo

You are a PC gamer and have never played a console FPS? Then you will suffer. After a while the controls are not detrimental to enjoyment anymore and you accept being slower.

But Resistance is a pretty average FPS. On the other hand it has a nice atmosphere, war sections with lots of enemies that are pretty cool (although not on CoD4 standard) and is generally a pretty nice FPS with cool weapons and good gameplay. I was sad that it was finished so it was pretty good .

Following on from that link MikeB posted, I managed to come across this killer Resistance montage. Inspires me to play again, somewhat.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOweYs-WXE

grimygunz said:
If your a pc gamer they try playing the fps on the ps3 with the frag fx which gives you a pc type contorols on the ps3. anyhow It is a Great game with great online commmunity and its pure fun.
I've already tried - the fragfx is useless, and actually manages to be less accurate than the sixaxis.

It was pretty good. For a lunch title and Insomniac's first crack at FPS, it turned out well. Resistance 2 looks and sounds to be a hell of a lot better.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Being a new PS3 owner I've been wanting to check out some of the games I've missed out on in the PS3s first year or so. Demos help with this, so I DL the demo to resistance. I had heard numerous good things about it. If the demo is any indication, then I have no idea why. Maybe I'm just spoiled by playing FPSs on PCs mainly or something but it seemed very average. I wasn't impressed by the graphics at all, the control was clunky (dual analogue for the lose), and it above all else just wasn't fun. Does the demo just suck hard and the game is absolutely nothing like the demo, or does it give a accurate representation and I'm just not into it?

The game is far better then the demo.

That being said though, it just doesnt hold up now with COD4 out there. Before COD4 I would put it on a must buy list for a PS3 owner. Now its a buy if you dont have much of anything else to play on the system because its still good. with Resistance 2 looking as good as it is though, I would think a rental to play it and get the story would be highly advisable.

Other wise, get COD4

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Never played the demo, but played the full game to death.

Excellent online, and lengthy offline with lots of variety and challenge (when you up the diff level).

PSN - hanafuda

the game is decent but it is after all a launch title worth a rent.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Shameless said:
Makes me wonder why people hype Resistance 2.

Cause despite being mediocre Resistance 1 was better then Killzone 1?

People are hyping Killzone 2... so why not Resistance 2?

Also... keep in mind Resistance was like the best game on the PS3 until Ratchet came out.

That and all accounts are they have improved quite a bit.

SamuelRSmith said:
Following on from that link MikeB posted, I managed to come across this killer Resistance montage. Inspires me to play again, somewhat.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOweYs-WXE

When I click the link the player wont load on the site so im gonna try to embed it see if it works

god damn sniper.