By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So does the resistance demo just suck or is the game actually like that?

Finnbar said:
I would not say its an amazing game, I mush more enjoyed COD4. Id say its about the same level as haze, not all that bad but not really good either. Eitherway its still fun to play.

No need to be mean. RFoM is quite a bit better than Haze.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Resistance was above average game with tons of replay value. The online play was what made the game great. Also insomniac has those skill points just like in R&C

The weapon selection was fantastic and the different uses of each weapon too.

One thing I did not like about the game was the boss fights were way too easy. The second boss' look more epic though. The biggest boss you fight is 300 feet tall. It looks like godzilla.

@ rocketpig    

Not trying to be mean at all. I just found them to be at about the same level, and i did say I still enjoyed it. You cant go wronge with a game thats fun.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

The reason Resistance gets so much hype is because it came out before COD4, Halo3, Bioshock, etc. At the time, it was a rather competent shooter in just about every respect. Nothing insanely good about it, but very solid. The problem is that now the bar has been raised so much higher that Resistance just doesn't really hold up well against the newer shooters. It started out as above average and now it's just average.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Shameless said:
Makes me wonder why people hype Resistance 2.

No idea... Maybe it was somewhere along the lines of

60 man multi-player... broken down into

smaller squads with changing objectives with rival squads,

8 player online co-op for a...

Second campaign.

Developers hoping for same leap from RFOM1 to Ratchet and Clank Futures, and well, that leap was in fact MASSIVE.

Insomniacs take on re-defining boss fights in FPS games.

Insomniac has an amazing track record, and saying RFOM 1 was a bad-game makes your judgment skills unreliable in my opinion, I've played some "Bad" first person shooters in my time trust me  :P The weapons were great fun, and in a (First person SHOOTER) that's a big bonus, plus 40 man multi-player for a launch title? C'mon now, give credit where it's due XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Shameless said:
Makes me wonder why people hype Resistance 2.

No idea... Maybe it was somewhere along the lines of

60 man multi-player... broken down into

smaller squads with changing objectives with rival squads,

8 player online co-op for a...

Second campaign.

Developers hoping for same leap from RFOM1 to Ratchet and Clank Futures, and well, that leap was in fact MASSIVE.

Insomniacs take on re-defining boss fights in FPS games.

Insomniac has an amazing track record, and saying RFOM 1 was a bad-game makes your judgment skills unreliable in my opinion, I've played some "Bad" first person shooters in my time trust me  :P The weapons were great fun, and in a (First person SHOOTER) that's a big bonus, plus LAG FREE 40 man multi-player for a launch title? C'mon now, give credit where it's due XD

@ above

true

great for its time tho

@I predict, (I assumed we were talking about a PS3 game with dedicated servers XD, I figured he knew that already :P)

All I know, is Insomniac studio's has surprisingly large balls, and they don't call shots they don't think they can reasonably hit, and when they announced RFOM 2 and what it's trying to attempt on the tech front, the gaming industry will notice XD That and wasn't it named like 3rd best company in the world to work for? That means these guys obviously love there job and is probably one of the reasons they can keep putting out such high quality, high profile titles :P

@OP, give it till you get an air fuel grenade :3 If you don't think those are the coolest things evar, I dunno what to tell you XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Even in it's time I really thought it was really bad, nah not all that good at the least. I would have rated it a 7 I think.

I play a lot of FPSes and I wasn't overly impressed with RFOM. In fact I hated it the for the first few hours, mostly because of the high scores it had received and my own expectations. But by the time I finished I had let up on the game. Its decent, but not really worth the purchase given how many better FPS titles are now on the market.

Also, I found most of the people playing online to be absolutely dismal, and I can't imagine that that has improved.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"