By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eight Days cancellation explained: Sony hates single player

darthdevidem01 said:
Well if it was going to be short like HS then they saved theme selves from loads of bashing by the gaming media & forums....great move SONY...keep it up now.

Thank you for making a thread that puts SONY in positive light for once Starcraft.

I'm yet to decide whether I like this shift to online-focused libraries by the HD console companies.

On the one hand its an expansion for the industry which is always good.  But on the other, companies like Activision now believe that  they can make shooters with 4-5 hour campaigns and have it be acceptable to the gaming community.

That is pathetic.  But judging by CoD4's sales, its perfectly ok with gamers at large. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I think it's stupid to even consider that when a game's fate is decided. I would any time choose a good SP campaign over good MP. Chances are that I will be trying MGO and only touch it like once a year, but I have already had several orgasms over the MGS4 SP campaign.
I don't want CoD4 for the multiplayer either, but for a SP campaign. The only reason I would ever want UT3 is because of the mods being made for it.
I don't go online in Burnout Paradise, and I would never ever have touched a MP option in Uncharted, even though I loved the SP.

@starcraft

dunno....I always prefer SP

example I'd take Oblivion/Final Fantasy/MGS/Mario games ANY DAY over COD4 or game with online...

So I am not exactly fond of this move but If say it helps games like HS which had a small SP then its a good move

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

well id rather them put all their effort into getting out all the games they have announced so far.... lol the lineup is already excellent the loss of these two games doesnt hurt at all........ but star ocean..........

wait people, not to troll on anything but didnt someone post an interview very similar to this on this site months and months ago

Around the Network
obieslut said:
wait people, not to troll on anything but didnt someone post an interview very similar to this on this site months and months ago

Maybe Sony cancelled the game twice.

dont you stick your tongue out at me

obieslut said:
dont you stick your tongue out at me
What are you going to do about it?

yeah, how dare a game company cash in on the popularity of online gaming. Online only games work well, look at UT!

Well,when I play on the 360 of my cousin I only play single-player games,even when I finished Gears of War I'll never touch the online multiplayer because the single experience was the real meaning for me.

It's quite sad the 8 days and Getaway cancellation,I was expecting both games since long ago and now Sony kill them for me :(

Now I got to look for another action single-games for my PS3,any ideas?
Perhaps at E3,meanwhile we have to wait for games like The Outsider,I have Wheelman in my scope too,but maybe the game turn to be a shit.