By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eight Days cancellation explained: Sony hates single player

Sony need to rethink things if they stop the production of a game because of no online play. Now if they were developing a game and decided to cancel it because it had no local multiplayer when that fits in then fine, but for a generally single player game makes little logical sense.

You know, if they brought out more local multiplayer games, it might make up for it but they aren't and as someone who online games rarely (rubbish net connection), feel they are in need of these good single player games to make that up to me. Else I'm going to have to buy a Wii for multiplayer gaming.

Lets hope they reconsider and make the game, release it and see what sales it does. WITHOUT online play.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

It's already been said what the reasons were for stopping development of Eight Days & Getaway 3. It was to better allocate resources too projects that are nearer completion.

BTW this will be temporary, both Eight Days & Getaway 3 will resume development at a later date.

They really need more local multiplayer games, all I really have is Rock Band and a few downloadable games. You can have seven controllers on the thing and there are only a couple games I know of that even support four players. It looks like maybe LBP might be a good local multiplayer game from what I've seen.

this sucks.