By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 does play 1080p

1024x768 isn't HD; it's sub-HD.. You see, 1024x768 isn't 768p. Still, it's higher than Halo 3 for example, though.

Around the Network

It's not 1080p !!!! OMG that must mean the graphics suck.

Million said:
It's not 1080p !!!! OMG that must mean the graphics suck.

EXACTLY! Just another dissapointment this generation along with games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4. It's so sad that these games look like crap just because the developers couldn't put out just a little higher of a resolution. 

----

I almost couldn't stop laughing as I wrote that.  

IllegalPaladin said:
Isn't Silicon Knights a Canadian developer?

Yes, but KingofWale would rather make dumb comments about the United States over doing three minutes of research.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Yes, but KingofWale would rather make dumb comments about the United States over doing three minutes of research.

i think the better question is... did they sue them in US? or in Canada.

[UPDATE: Gamasutra has now obtained a copy of the lawsuit, which was filed in North Carolina district court and demands a jury trial on the grounds of breach of contract regarding Unreal Engine 3 licensing.

interesting... I don't remember North Carolina being a part of Canada.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
rocketpig said:
IllegalPaladin said:

[UPDATE: Gamasutra has now obtained a copy of the lawsuit, which was filed in North Carolina district court and demands a jury trial on the grounds of breach of contract regarding Unreal Engine 3 licensing.

Gee, they're suing a US company in the US... Maybe their lawsuit in Canada didn't go well when they realized there was no one to sue.

rocketpig said:
kingofwale said:
rocketpig said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Gee, they're suing a US company in the US... Maybe their lawsuit in Canada didn't go well when they realized there was no one to sue.

yet my point remains valid that such ridiculous lawsuit would not have existed anywhere else on this planet. From this, to MPAA suing from 7 yr old to grandmas, to MacDonald's coffee lawsuit, somehow geographical location seems to play a important role in them?

and let's not even talk about patent trolls. 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

I'm not defending the United States' sue-happy court system (though it has some benefits along with its detriments), I'm just tired of you making derogatory comments about the US. You do it on a continual basis and it's even worse when your example isn't even using a US company.

BTW, you might want to read up on the MacDonalds (sic) suit... There's actually a lot more there than what was presented by the media. As for the MPAA, they're just a bunch of douchebags. Everyone knows that.

rocketpig said:
I'm not defending the United States' sue-happy court system (though it has some benefits along with its detriments), I'm just tired of you making derogatory comments about the US. You do it on a continual basis and it's even worse when your example isn't even using a US company.

BTW, you might want to read up on the MacDonalds (sic) suit... There's actually a lot more there than what was presented by the media. As for the MPAA, they're just a bunch of douchebags. Everyone knows that.

That was by no mean a cheap shot at US as a country, but the US's justice system and those abusing it (regardless what country the company's from). I would love to see your 'evidence' of me doing so in a 'continual basis', as I'm one of the most pro-US Canadian I know.

selnor
Episode 2:

On the back of the box it says 720, anyway, I am playing it in SD, and the text does really suck, that;s why i need a new TV!