By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 does play 1080p

Zkuq said:
1024x768 isn't HD; it's sub-HD.. You see, 1024x768 isn't 768p. Still, it's higher than Halo 3 for example, though.

Is it really 1024x768? That's a 4:3 resolution and not widescreen. I highly doubt they would render it in 4:3 mode.

@OP: The PS3(just like the 360) will upscale the game to your tv no matter what the resolution the game is rendered in. E.g. I have an upconverter dvd player that will upscale my dvd's to my 720P; however, the movies will not look as good as something that was natively in that resolution(or higher) like a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD disc.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I play it on a widescreen HD tv, and it looks terrific. Its amazing I cant describe how good it is with mere words.

mM

Yes the PS3 can be used to stretch *upscale* that to widescreen or 1080p or whatever but who cares what the res is whenever the games looks this incredible!!! SSSNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEE!!!!!!

Yes

smbu2000 said:
Zkuq said:
1024x768 isn't HD; it's sub-HD.. You see, 1024x768 isn't 768p. Still, it's higher than Halo 3 for example, though.

Is it really 1024x768? That's a 4:3 resolution and not widescreen. I highly doubt they would render it in 4:3 mode.

Yeah can someone xplain this? It should be somthing like 1366x768.

How do u ppl see it on your widescreen HDs, the cutscenes dont have black bars on the sides, do they?

IllegalPaladin said:
*gasp* 768p!!!!! It's not real HD!!! *cue foaming at the mouth*

lol

Anyway, it upscales and looks pretty damn good so whatever.

Actually, HD is defined as 720p or above, so yes, it is HD

EDIT: I see "Quaz" said its 1024x768, you know I really dont see why anyone trusts this guy, he is usually the only one claiming the resolution of games, and only a few times have the game creators actually acknowledged it. I mean look at the way he types, he may be from France, but if he is really as smart as he says, you'd think he'd be able to type a little better. 

Around the Network

i play it on me 1080p tv in my bedroom lol, momy really does love to spoil me

Zkuq said:

its still higher then the standard 720p so really it is HD

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

my tv says 1080i :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Username2324 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

lol

EDIT: I see "Quaz" said its 1024x768, you know I really dont see why anyone trusts this guy, he is usually the only one claiming the resolution of games, and only a few times have the game creators actually acknowledged it. I mean look at the way he types, he may be from France, but if he is really as smart as he says, you'd think he'd be able to type a little better.

Because his method works, and you can do the exact same thing and confirm. Of course most companies aren't going to acknowledge the resolution issue, but the fact that findings have only been confirmed by companies and not denied speaks volumes about his accuracy. 

Oh, and the last part is just dumb. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Username2324 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

lol

Because his method works, and you can do the exact same thing and confirm. Of course most companies aren't going to acknowledge the resolution issue, but the fact that findings have only been confirmed by companies and not denied speaks volumes about his accuracy. 

Oh, and the last part is just dumb. 

well he is right though on the first part. His post makes no sense. HD is 480p - 1080p, Super HD is 1440p to 2160p, and Ultra HD is everything above 2160.

Got to love Pc, being UHD compartible for at least 5 years.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453