By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MUST SEE: Video Game Review of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards! DONE BY ME!

If you don't have a talent, then you learn the talent. I have not tried 200 times. I have tried 3 times. Actually, no, I haven't even tried at all. You are not motivating at all. I'm still going to college, and before hand, I make three videos, yet you assume that's as good as I will get. Wow, that's not mean, that's just extreme discouragement. Obviously the videos suck. They meant to suck. They're nothing but experiments. Now, if you actually wrote some advice, even in the back of your heard, you assumed I would never succeed, then I would have a lot more respect for you, but as of right now, I need to ignore you, otherwise I might trick myself into thinking I need to quit, which is a definite no-no, because I will keep trying forever, even if I never succeed, until I reach the goals that I am aiming for. Either you help me and give advice, or write nothing, and watch me become better in the future, without your advice. I would still like your advice though, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with quitting.

Around the Network

so basically you are going to ignore everything everyone has said now that they dont like your videos? Some people have took the time to watch and constructively criticise them and you acting like an ass isn't going to impress anyone.

They suck because they're meant to suck? in that case, well done!

No. You're wrong. Read the post before, and do not assume. I am ignoring those that think I should quit.

Going by the responses on this thread. I will not waste time watching the video. If mob says it is terrible video review I believe. Mob rules.

a.l.e.x00 said:
If you don't have a talent, then you learn the talent. I have not tried 200 times. I have tried 3 times. (1)Actually, no, I haven't even tried at all. (2)You are not motivating at all. I'm still going to college, and before hand, I make three videos, (3)yet you assume that's as good as I will get. Wow, that's not mean, that's just extreme discouragement. Obviously the videos suck. (4)They meant to suck. They're nothing but experiments. (5)Now, if you actually wrote some advice, even in the back of your heard, you assumed I would never succeed, then I would have a lot more respect for you, but as of right now, I need to ignore you, otherwise I might trick myself into thinking I need to quit, which is a definite no-no, because I will keep trying forever, even if I never succeed, (6)until I reach the goals that I am aiming for. (7)Either you help me and give advice, or write nothing, and watch me become better in the future, without your advice. (8)I would still like your advice though, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with quitting.

1. You haven't tried at all yet for the past month or two you have been posting drafts of your reviews and asking people to critique them?
  2. I hope I wasn't very encouraging to your career as a video reviewer as that was kind of the point.
  3. What can I say, some people have talent and some people don't. True, you can work hard and possibly make something better or you could continue to suck.
  4. Then I suppose you succeeded. But if they are truly meant to suck why do you care so much that people comment to make them better?
  5. I don't know if you remember, but I have given you advice already and it really didn't help much since it seems like you didn't pay it much attention.
  6. I thought your goal was to suck.
  7. Again, I've tried to help you but now you're crossing back and forth between my videos are supposed to suck and I want to be awesome like the AVGN. Which one is it?
  8. Again, sorry to be harsh but sometimes you just have to accept the harsh truth: you just may not be cut out to be a video reviewer. Even your voice isn't that pleasant to listen to.

a.l.e.x00 said:
No. You're wrong. Read the post before, and do not assume. I am ignoring those that think I should quit.

Really you're jstarting to act just like a 3 year old with their hands covering their ears yelling LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
If you don't have a talent, then you learn the talent. I have not tried 200 times. I have tried 3 times. (1)Actually, no, I haven't even tried at all. (2)You are not motivating at all. I'm still going to college, and before hand, I make three videos, (3)yet you assume that's as good as I will get. Wow, that's not mean, that's just extreme discouragement. Obviously the videos suck. (4)They meant to suck. They're nothing but experiments. (5)Now, if you actually wrote some advice, even in the back of your heard, you assumed I would never succeed, then I would have a lot more respect for you, but as of right now, I need to ignore you, otherwise I might trick myself into thinking I need to quit, which is a definite no-no, because I will keep trying forever, even if I never succeed, (6)until I reach the goals that I am aiming for. (7)Either you help me and give advice, or write nothing, and watch me become better in the future, without your advice. (8)I would still like your advice though, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with quitting.

1. You haven't tried at all yet for the past month or two you have been posting drafts of your reviews and asking people to critique them?
Actually, I have tried. It took a month to make the crappy Sonic review, two days to make the Brawl review, and one day to make the Kirby review. If that's not improvement, then I don't know what is. Sure, they all suck, but I don't think the Brawl/Kirby ones are as bad as the Sonic one. Have you seen drafts of the Brawl/Kirby reviews? No. Don't pull up old information.
  1. I hope I wasn't very encouraging to your career as a video reviewer as that was kind of the point.
And that's exactly why you need to be ignored, but I needed to reply to this post.
  1. What can I say, some people have talent and some people don't. True, you can work hard and possibly make something better or you could continue to suck.
Why continue to argue? Some people suck because they quit. As long as you don't quit, you will be good at the end. You know, you will look foolish once I do become very good, for you will be proven wrong. Only in due time.
  1. Then I suppose you succeeded. But if they are truly meant to suck why do you care so much that people comment to make them better?
You don't understand, and you assume falsely. Those reviews were meant to suck, because they were rushed experiments.
  1. I don't know if you remember, but I have given you advice already and it really didn't help much since it seems like you didn't pay it much attention.
I did pay attention to them.
  1. I thought your goal was to suck.
No. You just don't understand. Like I said, those videos were experiments, so they were meant to suck. Not me. The videos. Actually no, they were supposed to be good, but they ended up sucking, and I don't care that they sucked, because they might as well suck, since they were only experiments. 
  1. Again, I've tried to help you but now you're crossing back and forth between my videos are supposed to suck and I want to be awesome like the AVGN. Which one is it?
You don't understand. Fine, let me reword it, because obviously you don't understand.

"I want to be good like the AVGN, but the first few videos I put online were only meant to be criticized so that I may learn how to make them better. They were "rough drafts," not the final projects. Does that make more sense? ROUGH DRAFTS. They are not the final products. Better? 
  1. Again, sorry to be harsh but sometimes you just have to accept the harsh truth: you just may not be cut out to be a video reviewer. Even your voice isn't that pleasant to listen to.
Those that fail, no longer want to succeed. As long as you want to succeed, and you try hard enough, you will. Besides, if my newer reviews were even 0.01% better, there's no way else, but up. Besides, I have hundreds of different styles I'm going to try out.

a.l.e.x00 said:

Really you're jstarting to act just like a 3 year old with their hands covering their ears yelling LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

Depends on how you perceive that post. Either perceive those words as a crying baby, or perceive them as an adult, telling you the truth. Really, it's up to you.

I got far more advice from the Brawl/Kirby video, than the Sonic one, and because I have applied it all, my new review will be good, and you will see. If not, I will try again.