By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MUST SEE: Video Game Review of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards! DONE BY ME!

Actually I quite like famousringos idea. Make a review based on you fucking up doing reviews. It has potential.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Actually I quite like famousringos idea. Make a review based on you fucking up doing reviews. It has potential.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what, but that's not my goal.

*cough* ok, so, I'm in the middle of watching it now^^; and um, just thought I'd point out one thing. Dedede isn't pronouced "Dee Dee Dee" or y'know D 3 times, it's actually "Deh Deh Deh" And yes, I know, Brawl says DDD, but from the japanese reading that's incorrect. Anyhow, I'll update with what I think. Edit: er... the mini games aren't that hard to figure out ; ; and Dedede is never evil, he's just self centered :3 or trying to protect something. Edit: Alright, I finished, I have to say this was a lot better than the last one I saw, although I still stand by the needing to find your own style thing :3 Maybe even give the speil to a friend first and see what they say. It's nice you cut down on the swearing though.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

a.l.e.x00 said:
This is what I think:

9. Some parts are too gay.

I would avoid saying this.

Otherwise, the video is not that bad. What you could use is practice and a good editor. 

Since Kirby 64 is actually a nice side-scrolling platformer (although a little short) the approach that you're using isn't that coherent, i.e., making jokes about the game and then doing a 180 to comment on the strong points. AVGN showcases some absolutely horrible games and has fun with that. Yahtzee is a brilliant curmudgeon and his frenetic style is really hard to copy. Personally I'd like to see someone do some off the wall reviews in a Steven Wright "low key" style. One pro tip: don't use the word "secrete".

Well, that pretty much deletes the entire review... Better stick to bad games instead... But yeah, it's good to know it's "Deh Deh Deh," which makes the name even weirder. So he's not even bad? Well, that's understandable, I guess. And yes, the mini games aren't hard. I purposely played bad. That's how bad the game review is. But yeah, I would appreciate it if you would tell me EVERYTHING YOU KNOW about why the review is bad. EVERYTHING. If you miss one thing, that means it was never an error. If you may, please tell me everything, so that my next review is not a total waste of garbage.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x00 said:
Rath said:

I'm being quite serious. Doing an AVGN imitation is never going to get you anywhere, you need to be original.

Invent yourself a character who has amusing aspects that people can relate to, perhaps find something to parody. Personally I find the idea of a person who always completely makes a mess of the reviews in a slightly embarassingly cringey type of funny to be quite appealing.

Edit: And this is probably personal taste but a bit of subtlety and cleverness wouldn't go amiss. I notice it in quite a few supposedly funny reviews today that they try and get their laughs from using phrases like 'gargles balls' and suchlike. I suppose its appealing to the American sense of humour but... yeah.

fkusumot said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
This is what I think:

9. Some parts are too gay.

I would avoid saying this.

Otherwise, the video is not that bad. What you could use is practice and a good editor. 

Since Kirby 64 is actually a nice side-scrolling platformer (although a little short) the approach that you're using isn't that coherent, i.e., making jokes about the game and then doing a 180 to comment on the strong points. AVGN showcases some absolutely horrible games and has fun with that. Yahtzee is a brilliant curmudgeon and his frenetic style is really hard to copy. Personally I'd like to see someone do some off the wall reviews in a Steven Wright "low key" style. One pro tip: don't use the word "secrete".

Thanks for the advice, but I must ask, why not use the word "secrete?"

Rath said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
Rath said:

I'm being quite serious. Doing an AVGN imitation is never going to get you anywhere, you need to be original.

Invent yourself a character who has amusing aspects that people can relate to, perhaps find something to parody. Personally I find the idea of a person who always completely makes a mess of the reviews in a slightly embarassingly cringey type of funny to be quite appealing. 

I absolutely agree 100%. Thanks for the advice.

a.l.e.x00 said:
Well, that pretty much deletes the entire review... Better stick to bad games instead... But yeah, it's good to know it's "Deh Deh Deh," which makes the name even weirder. So he's not even bad? Well, that's understandable, I guess. And yes, the mini games aren't hard. I purposely played bad. That's how bad the game review is. But yeah, I would appreciate it if you would tell me EVERYTHING YOU KNOW about why the review is bad. EVERYTHING. If you miss one thing, that means it was never an error. If you may, please tell me everything, so that my next review is not a total waste of garbage.

Eh, not really, there's still quite a bit in there, and it's only minor changes :3 heck, for the dedede part, you could be all "So, I was going along my merry way thinking Dedede was a bad guy, and wondering why the heck he's on my team, when some nerd on the internet tells me that he's not actually evil, seriously, what's up with that?" or y'know, just through (lol, through, no, Throw, throw is what I meant) in some personality that really sets you apart :3 Also, mini games, as long as you play them bad on purpose, I have no problem with that :3

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Rath said:

That sounds kinda like Emily Litella.

a.l.e.x00 said:
Thanks for the advice, but I must ask, why not use the word "secrete?"

The word "ooze" would be better. That's where an editor could help you out.