By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiiware games are 100X better than big 3rd party games. WHY?

yushire said:
There are too many shovelwares and ports on the Wii the Z games was one of them regarding western developers/publishers. Then Lost Winds, Animales de la muerte, Gyrostarr and Eternity's Child, I dont get how a small developers without a publisher and with limited space for their games can create such beautiful games and big third party games wasnt? WHY?

Does it mean small developers was better in terms of developing on the Wii than big third parties?
a little fixed, looks like any can write the name well.

Around the Network

There are two schools of thought regarding the Wii. The first is the big-business school of thought, which goes something like this: we don't know what Wii owners want, and we don't have the resources available to find out since our resources go into our big-market games, so we will publish something close to what seems to be popular on the Wii and hope it works.

The second school of thought is the small-business one: we want to make games which make the most use of the Wii's controls, and in doing so, provide the best possible gameplay experience. If our product is appreciated, then we know we've gotten it right.

Big-business mentality drives the industry at large (and is why most games can be described as "just like (game X), but with (feature Y)"). Small-business mentality is what drives industry change (and is how companies like Capcom, Squaresoft, Enix, Nintendo, Namco, Konami, and others emerged as software market leaders back in the day).

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Trestres seems to have anger issues.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Sky Render said:
There are two schools of thought regarding the Wii. The first is the big-business school of thought, which goes something like this: we don't know what Wii owners want, and we don't have the resources available to find out since our resources go into our big-market games, so we will publish something close to what seems to be popular on the Wii and hope it works.

The second school of thought is the small-business one: we want to make games which make the most use of the Wii's controls, and in doing so, provide the best possible gameplay experience. If our product is appreciated, then we know we've gotten it right.

Big-business mentality drives the industry at large (and is why most games can be described as "just like (game X), but with (feature Y)"). Small-business mentality is what drives industry change (and is how companies like Capcom, Squaresoft, Enix, Nintendo, Namco, Konami, and others emerged as software market leaders back in the day).

Someone sees it.

When you have a large number of gamers asking for a Devil May Cry game with No More Heroes control I would start rethinking my strategy.Too bad current profits will continue to convince the big guys that they're right until it's too late.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Anybody interested in learning more about how small companies can and do become major players, incidentally, should consider reading The Innovator's Dilemma and The Innovator's Solution, as well as Blue Ocean Strategy. I'm working through the last of those three at the moment, and it's very elucidating. Understanding how the proverbial David (the small company) can slay the proverbial Goliath (the large company) really puts things into perspective and can even help if you ever plan to start a business of your own.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Wii Ware is somewhere where devs can expirement without publishers having their own little say. Toki Tori is the best game on their i've played imo but that was a full game thats been rehashed for Wii Ware.

So many bold ideas so early into Wi iWares life - I think it's gonna set a few trends and help devs work out how to tap into the Wiis market with decent titles a little better.

MontanaHatchet - dont just look into Toki Tori, get it. It's the best £7.00 or so i've ever spent on a game, if you like Z&W style puzzle games you'll just love it.

I hope the shovelwares will stop continuing and wiiware will not effect full retail games or else...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

BTW which is the better wiiware? Lost Winds or Toki Tori?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Yushire: Toki Tori is better. No question about it.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Really? Thats how good it is. WOW and I thought Lost Winds was great

E3 2010- Tape runs out