By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiiware games are 100X better than big 3rd party games. WHY?

@Yushire: I never said the Thread Title. I said the first post, you say nothing about western devs.

Activision is bringing all of the GH's with DLC to the Wii and CoD5, what else do you want?

Eidos is Bringing monster Lab and Tomb Raider Underworld.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
@MontanaHatchet: Toki Tori is the best thing on WiiWare right now, followed by Lost Winds. I highly suggest you give Toki Tori your first Wiiware purchase money!

It's a combination of Lolo and Portal mixed into a bag of awesome.

Seconding these two, especially Toki Tori - it's easily one of the most cerebral games I've played as of late, and it has a forgiving learning curve as well. For $10 you get over 70 puzzle-stages, and the later ones can be real head-scratchers.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

jankazimierz said:
Ill take MGS4 and NG2, Ill leave WiiSki for everyone else...

Thank you for your useless and totally irrelevant comment.

trestres said:
@Yushire: I never said the Thread Title. I said the first post, you say nothing about western devs.

Activision is bringing all of the GH's with DLC to the Wii and CoD5, what else do you want?

Eidos is Bringing monster Lab and Tomb Raider Underworld.
I already edited my OP post why you are too specific about it? About Activision and Eidos, YEAH, those are great alright. YEAH, Monster Lab was cool the rest are also in other consoles. Great third party support there.  

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Thanks gentlemen, I'll look into Toki Tori and some other titles.

Around the Network

the developers of Toki tori wants to make a sequel if the first one is succesful, so just keep downloading that title.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yeah its incredible the graphics and interactions on lost winds and toki tori, even Final fantasy (despite the lack of face animation)... they are 100000000% better than all Gamez from ubi.

lost winds sequel is for sure... but i dont know if they (frontier) will jump into a disc format..

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

From WiiWare, developers will go to Wii and many big publishers that deliver shovelware will see their mistake and lose position to the new creative companies

not 100x better, but still awesome!!

the final fantasy game, lost winds, even the ancient doctor mario game with online is awesome!!!: )

lost winds has outstanding graphics!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

well right now alot of great 3rd party games are coming/announced for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"