By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Someone fill me in!

Kasz216 said:

starcraft said:

BTW ssj12? What horror games is the PS3 getting that the 360 isn't other than Siren? As far as I can tell the 360 will have exclusivity on the "console for horror" title until the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark hits, at which point they'll be even again.

Also... i'd kinda count Left 4 Dead as a horror game. I mean. If Resident Evil games are considered horror games, Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising should count...

and Condemned. 360 seems to have a more extensive horror library to me.

Of course i'm guessing Killer 7 doesn't count as part of the horror genre yet that games villians are about a thousand times creepier then any horror game i've played not called Eternal Darkness.

What about Alan Wake?  Would that be considered hooror?  I'm not quite sure yet.  But yeah, Xbox 360 is my horror choice for consoles.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
bbsin said:

I think in the end, it's the Japanese JRPG fans that suffer. They are torn between their hatred for the 360 and Sony's stupid arrogance. I believe Sony Japan has put so much of their money hatting resources toward FF13 development that they maybe be crippled everywhere else, we'll see if FF13 exclusivity is worth it.

That hatred of the 360 is so irrational.

Anyone that bought a PS3 in advance on the assumption it would get the JRPG's only has themselves to blame.

I agree on the FFXIII point. I reckon Sony has paid a TONNE to keep it exclusive.

That's the thing though, Sony built themselves a reputation of having the biggest and most JRPG on their consoles. You'd think after having "THE" JRPG already announced as exclusive before the console was released would only lead to more JRPG studios to follow suit. People expect Sony system to have JRPG, it's what Sony earned from the PS2 and PSX, now Microsoft want's the same treatment.

bbsin said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:

I think in the end, it's the Japanese JRPG fans that suffer. They are torn between their hatred for the 360 and Sony's stupid arrogance. I believe Sony Japan has put so much of their money hatting resources toward FF13 development that they maybe be crippled everywhere else, we'll see if FF13 exclusivity is worth it.

That hatred of the 360 is so irrational.

Anyone that bought a PS3 in advance on the assumption it would get the JRPG's only has themselves to blame.

I agree on the FFXIII point. I reckon Sony has paid a TONNE to keep it exclusive.

That's the thing though, Sony built themselves a reputation of having the biggest and most JRPG on their consoles. You'd think after having "THE" JRPG already announced as exclusive before the console was released would only lead to more JRPG studios to follow suit. People expect Sony system to have JRPG, it's what Sony earned from the PS2 and PSX, now Microsoft want's the same treatment.

Exactly. People made an assumption.  When your buying an expensive console (up to $600 for the original purchasers), you want to make sure that your buying that console based on amazing games you KNOW are coming to the system not games you EXPECT to come to the system.

If I buy the Xbox 720 expecting it to get the same amazing JRPG support the 360 has and for some reason it doesn't, only I will be to blame for picking up the system prematurely. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:
PS3 is starting to become the failure many have seen it as...... coming from a Sony fanboy it must be true.
Weren't you permabanned?

While you were ill there was a glitch in the system and loads of banned members got unbanned

ZOMFG! Cat Stevens was right, it's a wild world!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Just out of interest how long did it take PS2 to get its first FF and 5 JRPGs?

Around the Network

^i think it was about a year till it got its first FF

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"