By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Someone fill me in!

starcraft said:
bbsin said:

didn't gametrailers annouced the game as PS3/xbox360 before taking the tags down? Didn't Famitsu reveal that SO4 was multiplatform awhile ago?

But as far as the statement by SquareEnix goes. When they were asked about the exclusivity of SO4, the producer said this.

"We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

The only things that's clear about that comment is that it'll apparently be released for 360 before PS3. Them not being able to "announce anything on that" only shows they didn't not want to confrim any pro-PS3 in a MSoft event, same goes for "we may release it, we may not". This is classic PR NDA flirt teasing at it's best. If they're at the point that they haven't even DECIDED on making a PS3 version, how far off do you think the game is (for PS3)? we're looking at 2011 at this point.?

I too believe it will eventually be released for PS3. But we've seen what can happen with that strategy. The sales on the second console are never good, and look whats happened with Eternal Sonata. Almost a year on, no release and an announcement it wont come to the West.

I wouldn't imagine the game would come to the PS3 until at least six months after the Xbox 360 version, otherwise it wouldn't be worth Microsoft's money.

I think in the end, it's the Japanese JRPG fans that suffer. They are torn between their hatred for the 360 and Sony's stupid arrogance. I believe Sony Japan has put so much of their money hatting resources toward FF13 development that they maybe be crippled everywhere else, we'll see if FF13 exclusivity is worth it.

Around the Network

Someone here said that it would go something like this from square enix:
Star Ocean franchise exclusive to the Xbox360, Final Fantasy main series to PS3 and Kingdom of Hearts to Wii. I wonder if this will come true.
On topic, I think it is fair to say that Star Ocean is exclusive to the Xbox360. If they haven't actually started working on the PS3 version yet it might take awhile to make. And they haven't even decided on it yet either. I guess that's what you get with 3rd parties.
And to me a 1 year timed exclusive is as good as you can get. (With the whole 5-6 year generation thing)

bbsin said:

I think in the end, it's the Japanese JRPG fans that suffer. They are torn between their hatred for the 360 and Sony's stupid arrogance. I believe Sony Japan has put so much of their money hatting resources toward FF13 development that they maybe be crippled everywhere else, we'll see if FF13 exclusivity is worth it.

That hatred of the 360 is so irrational.

Anyone that bought a PS3 in advance on the assumption it would get the JRPG's only has themselves to blame.

I agree on the FFXIII point.  I reckon Sony has paid a TONNE to keep it exclusive. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

PS3 is starting to become the failure many have seen it as...... coming from a Sony fanboy it must be true.

starcraft said:
bbsin said:

Anyone that bought a PS3 in advance on the assumption it would get the JRPG's only has themselves to blame.

I agree on the FFXIII point.  I reckon Sony has paid a TONNE to keep it exclusive. 

Why would they have themselves to blame? Going under the assumption that last generation;Sony garnered 90% of all Jrpg's for their platform--but this isn't the PS2 era.The PS2 dominated last generation;Japanese developers alotted all their resources to the PS2 because of this fact.In part,it is really Sony's fault.This generation,they have tried to reach for a more western market--in doing so,have neglected the Jrpg's and the Japanese market,while Microsoft pours alcohol into the wound;buying up timed-exclusives and exclusive Jrpg's,for lord-knows what reasons. Regarding SO4.I'ts clearly a contractual agreement,to not talk about or acknowledge the exsistence of the PS3 version.It being a timed-exclusive and all.=]

Around the Network
Auron said:
PS3 is starting to become the failure many have seen it as...... coming from a Sony fanboy it must be true.
Weren't you permabanned?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

*bleu-ocelot* said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:

Why would they have themselves to blame? Going under the assumption that last generation,Sony garnered all Jrpg's for their platform--but this isn't the PS2.The PS2 dominated last generation;Japanese developers alotted all their resources to the PS2 because of this fact.In part it is really Sony's fault.This generation,they have tried to reach for a more western market--in doing so,have neglected the Jrpg's and the Japanese market,while Microsoft pours alcohol into the wound;buying up timed-exclusives and exclusive games,for lord-knows what reasons. Regarding SO4.I'ts clearly a contractual agreement,to not talk about or acknowledge the exsistence of the PS3 version.It being a timed-exclusive and all.=]

Cause they bought a system based on an assumption and not fact.  Ever here the phrase when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.   The PS3 dropped the ball and now it will stay in third place and die of.  Maybe next time sony.....maybe next gen.

Auron said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
starcraft said:
bbsin said:

Why would they have themselves to blame? Going under the assumption that last generation,Sony garnered all Jrpg's for their platform--but this isn't the PS2.The PS2 dominated last generation;Japanese developers alotted all their resources to the PS2 because of this fact.In part it is really Sony's fault.This generation,they have tried to reach for a more western market--in doing so,have neglected the Jrpg's and the Japanese market,while Microsoft pours alcohol into the wound;buying up timed-exclusives and exclusive games,for lord-knows what reasons. Regarding SO4.I'ts clearly a contractual agreement,to not talk about or acknowledge the exsistence of the PS3 version.It being a timed-exclusive and all.=]

Cause they bought a system based on an assumption and not fact.  Ever here the phrase when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.   The PS3 dropped the ball and now it will stay in third place and die of.  Maybe next time sony.....maybe next gen.

Ok,you seem to misunderstand.You buy an Xbox 360,under the assumption it's a good peice of hardware for the price($300.00-$400.00 at launch).Then it rrod,you wait 3-4 weeks for it to be repaired,you get it back,then it rrod again.So rinse and repeat,you wait another 3-4 weeks for it to be repaired.Are you an ass also?

starcraft said:
Auron said:
Weren't you permabanned?

While you were ill there was a glitch in the system and loads of banned members got unbanned

Being a Wii60 owner is awesome.

Japanese support, FTW!