By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Someone fill me in!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
starcraft said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
My God, I wish MS would just give up on the Japanese already.
Lol. Why?

It's a lost cause. Why not?

Supporting Japanese developers gives me great games to play?  It also helps the Xbox 360 sell more outside of Japan.

If Japanese developers need to see a token effort to sell 360's to the Japanese in order to make games for it, I'm ok with it. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
starcraft said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
My God, I wish MS would just give up on the Japanese already.
Lol. Why?

It's a lost cause. Why not?

Supporting Japanese developers gives me great games to play?  It also helps the Xbox 360 sell more outside of Japan.

If Japanese developers need to see a token effort to sell 360's to the Japanese in order to make games for it, I'm ok with it. 

Also, it makes ppl buy less PS3s and isn't that the best part of it all for MS.

microsoft is still trying to get market share in japan

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I don't think that these RPGs announcements are about Japan sales recovery. Look at LO. Hardly 100k in Japan, and almost 600k in the rest of the world. And, as you remember, the reviews were a mixed bag from some FF fans. The whole point is to hold back PS3 in Japan (which at the point, is not so hard as long as PS3 is doing it to itself) and gain the JRPG fans all over the world. Are they few? I don't think so. They are too many (I am not).
I just can't imagine myself listening to a 4 WRPGs announcement at the same time! I would be besotted and demented for a month for Christs sake!

Where does it say that SO4 is 360 exclusive? It's a Microsoft event, meaning Microsoft are funding all the promotions and coverage in the event. With that being said, does anyone really think SquareEnix/Microsoft Japan would mention the PS3 version of SO4? Being that TriAce decided to show off the SO4 teaser via sony PSP game, i doubt the 360 will have timed or fulltime exclusive rights to SO4. It'll multiplatform, as I (and many others) predicted long ago.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
Where does it say that SO4 is 360 exclusive? It's a Microsoft event, meaning Microsoft are funding all the promotions and coverage in the event. With that being said, does anyone really think SquareEnix/Microsoft Japan would mention the PS3 version of SO4? Being that TriAce decided to show off the SO4 teaser via sony PSP game, i doubt the 360 will have timed or fulltime exclusive rights to SO4. It'll multiplatform, as I (and many others) predicted long ago.

I too predicted that it would be multiplatform, but it appears that I will be (at least for a period of time) wrong.

One of the Square guys said they haven't decided whether to make a PS3 version yet.

Its one thing to not mention a PS3 version at a Microsoft event, its another thing to say you haven't decided there will be a PS3 version. 

starcraft said:
bbsin said:

I too predicted that it would be multiplatform, but it appears that I will be (at least for a period of time) wrong.

One of the Square guys said they haven't decided whether to make a PS3 version yet.

Its one thing to not mention a PS3 version at a Microsoft event, its another thing to say you haven't decided there will be a PS3 version.

It's more like SquareEnix trying to avoid mentioning the PS3 version with a "ummm, we can't talk about that here..." type response. Like I said, Microsoft controls the guidelines of the event in exchange for free publicity and coverage. If you check out some of the interviews (most recently being Forced Unleashed segment from "Qore") sponsored by Sony, you'll notice that the devs only talk about the PS3 version and explain how the PS3 is "this" powerful and how T3H cell can do everything they've ever dreamed of, and etc.

I really don't think TriAce would make this game 360 exclusive in any way shape or form after teasing the game on a Sony handheld. I guess we'll have to find out the final verdict via TGS08, but you have to admit, it's quite farfetched to believe that SO4 would end up 360 exclusive.

bbsin said:

It's more like SquareEnix trying to avoid mentioning the PS3 version with a "ummm, we can't talk about that here..." type response. Like I said, Microsoft controls the guidelines of the event in exchange for free publicity and coverage. If you check out some of the interviews (most recently being Forced Unleashed segment from "Qore") sponsored by Sony, you'll notice that the devs only talk about the PS3 version and explain how the PS3 is "this" powerful and how T3H cell can do everything they've ever dreamed of, and etc.

I really don't think TriAce would make this game 360 exclusive in any way shape or form after teasing the game on a Sony handheld. I guess we'll have to find out the final verdict via TGS08, but you have to admit, it's quite farfetched to believe that SO4 would end up 360 exclusive.

It would be a simple matter of alluding to it at a non-Microsoft sponsored event or in an interview. 

Square Enix must have anticipated the anger from Sony fans seen on these forums and others.  They didn't give a "we cant talk about it," they gave a "we're not making it yet."

Hell, even leaking the fact a PS3 version is coming to a game site would have been enough, but they haven't. 

starcraft said:
bbsin said:

It would be a simple matter of alluding to it at a non-Microsoft sponsored event or in an interview.

Square Enix must have anticipated the anger from Sony fans seen on these forums and others. They didn't give a "we cant talk about it," they gave a "we're not making it yet."

Hell, even leaking the fact a PS3 version is coming to a game site would have been enough, but they haven't.

didn't gametrailers annouced the game as PS3/xbox360 before taking the tags down? Didn't Famitsu reveal that SO4 was multiplatform awhile ago?

But as far as the statement by SquareEnix goes. When they were asked about the exclusivity of SO4, the producer said this.

"We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

The only things that's clear about that comment is that it'll apparently be released for 360 before PS3. Them not being able to "announce anything on that" only shows they didn't not want to confrim any pro-PS3 in a MSoft event, same goes for "we may release it, we may not". This is classic PR NDA flirt teasing at it's best. If they're at the point that they haven't even DECIDED on making a PS3 version, how far off do you think the game is (for PS3)? we're looking at 2011 at this point.?

bbsin said:

didn't gametrailers annouced the game as PS3/xbox360 before taking the tags down? Didn't Famitsu reveal that SO4 was multiplatform awhile ago?

But as far as the statement by SquareEnix goes. When they were asked about the exclusivity of SO4, the producer said this.

"We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

The only things that's clear about that comment is that it'll apparently be released for 360 before PS3. Them not being able to "announce anything on that" only shows they didn't not want to confrim any pro-PS3 in a MSoft event, same goes for "we may release it, we may not". This is classic PR NDA flirt teasing at it's best. If they're at the point that they haven't even DECIDED on making a PS3 version, how far off do you think the game is (for PS3)? we're looking at 2011 at this point.?

I too believe it will eventually be released for PS3.  But we've seen what can happen with that strategy.  The sales on the second console are never good, and look whats happened with Eternal Sonata.  Almost a year on, no release and an announcement it wont come to the West.

I wouldn't imagine the game would come to the PS3 until at least six months after the Xbox 360 version, otherwise it wouldn't be worth Microsoft's money.