By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Konami(UK):MGS4 pre-orders are "Huge",midnight opening at Zavvi @ Oxford St

If the numbers are poor, they won't give you numbers. They'll just say the numbers were amazing.

Around the Network

Or, if the numbers are enourmous, and therefore vague, they can't give an accurate estimate, so they say huge.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Don't be daft BigFatJ

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darth

NA is more front loaded than Europe though. So it is likely that MGS4 will sell more first week in NA. Europe will have better legs though.

Maybe they just don't have the precise numbers yet of actual pre-orders, but they know they are selling fast

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
Two million worldwide week 1 possible?

Possible, but not likely. If Europe was as front loaded as NA then I would say more than likely.

Japan - 350k

NA - 750K

Europe - 700k

Total - 1.8M

I think that is best case scenario. Close to 2M but not quite, in my opinion. Europe will have better legs than NA, so MGS4 Europe > MGS4 NA.

Yeah , I dont think that it will hit first week 2 neither ... the game will have pretty strong legs tough ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@tombi123

I guess so....but remember there's a 80GB bundle in NA thats out....so it would "look like" the legs are better in NA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i wonder because i got my game early, am i counted in that pre-order lol

Japan 250k - 350k
Na 550k - 800k
Europe 600k - 900k

Highest = 2.05 mil
Lowest = 1.4 mil
Average = 1.75 mil

Huge, over 1 mln. first day CONFIRMED then. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far