By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Konami(UK):MGS4 pre-orders are "Huge",midnight opening at Zavvi @ Oxford St

To me its sound more like a way to generate interest then to really tell something.. otherwise they would have given some rough estimates like we have more pre-orders than our MGS1 or MGS2 or some other criteria... Saying only huge means that hey come pre-order, we have lots of copies available and nobody is buying.. helppppppppppppppp

Around the Network

well, at least, everybody agree that the game should reach, at least, 1M first week

Time to Work !

media coverage =/= mainstream gaming

And why would you skip the cutscenes if they're so integral to the game? That's not really a viable sollution to the shortcommings of the game's mass appeal.

Like I said, this game will sell phenomenally the first week or two, but don't expect huge legs.

Onimusha12 said:
This will have a massive launch, but will have virtually no legs given its departure from core (mainstream) gaming into hardcore (niche) gaming

Very true.

I hope the MGS-fans dont draw too many conclusions about long term success even if MGS4 manages to sell 2 million in it's first week.

Sales pattern of MGS4 will be very much like Halo 3's, which saw nearly 50% of it's lifetime sales in the 1st week.