By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to turn Blu Monday?

I hope it is not true. More SKUs just adds confusion, and Blue-ray is a niche format anyway.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
How will this be huge news?

Exactly. Its like MS fans do the same thing that sony fans do (and get criticized for) which is making a big deal over any little thing. IMO, MS going blu is them saying "We were wrong...again" like they did with the HDMI ports

@Kingofwale

A..... B-Grade JRPG event

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Kingofwale

A..... B-Grade JRPG event

Oh, no doubt,  the 54 xbox owners in japan will be THRILLED.

But to compete with Apple's IPhone and Sony's MGS4, at least it's some kind of news, no?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

well I admit it would've been HUGE news if Blu-ray had actually accelerated Ps3 in any way, shape or form

@KingOfWale

LOL

Around the Network

""I’m told MS will upstage Apple with a Monday 9am PDT announcement ""

==> how is it possible to MS to upstage anything announcing BR for the Xbox360 ???

Seriously ???

Time to Work !

@libellule

thats what questions the reliability of the source

I mean In Apple's new laptop they don't even have a Disc drive

Slimebeast said:
I hope it is not true. More SKUs just adds confusion, and Blue-ray is a niche format anyway.

Also, why should MS help establishing a Sony format? Doesn't make sense to me at all...

Why would MS care about Apple's iPhone? The two companies are after different audiences here. Apple's main audience is college hipsters, adult hipsters, and artists. Microsoft's main audience is Corporations and Big Businesses. They don't care about public appeal. Why would there be any public appeal for Office Suites and Servers? LOL. Microsoft doesn't care about mainstream appeal except when dealing with the XBox brand. By creating a blu-ray addon it would add value to me and I'm sure plenty of others.

Meh, it's not bad news if true (I'm sill leaning on not true until I hear it from them).

It's not going to create confusion, it's just going to give people another BluRay player option which is what MS sees. BluRay is kind of a niche market at the moment but I doubt it will always be.