By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to turn Blu Monday?

JGarret said:
Blu-Ray is not a 'Sony format', Golvellius.

Lots of other companies make up the BD association, the only thing that happens is because of the PS3, people associate BD with Sony.

I know, but I assume that Sony holds most of the patents, so for me it's essentially a 'Sony format'.

Around the Network

So they copy Nintendo with the x-mote, then they copy Sony by adding Blu-Ray into their console. I wish MS would just f**k off and die.

I think this is and will stay a rumour

blazinhead89 said:

It's highly specific, will be proved right or wrong almost immediately and is quite plausible based on Microsoft's previous actions. The rationale for announcing it then sounds exactly like them too. They're also not a watertight company from a 'secret announcement' perspective. I think it's true.

starcraft said:
Holy Crap.

Blu-Ray on Monday.

JRPG's on Tuesday.

This is going to be a big week for the Xbox 360.

Hope the PS3 has a better week than last week, high-def needs some time in the limelight.

eh, I wouldnt say this would be a good thing for the 360.

way to split your userbase Microsoft. If they ever take advantage of the storage and capabilities of the Blu-Ray for anything other then playing movies, people will be forced to buy the damned thing to play the game... And I already have a Blu-Ray player, so I just wont do it. And really, I wouldnt be the only one by a long shot, loosing said games alot of money, and in turn Microsoft money.

eh, they missed the boat when they didnt put HD-DVD in the thing at launch. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
Soleron said:
blazinhead89 said:

It's highly specific, will be proved right or wrong almost immediately and is quite plausible based on Microsoft's previous actions. The rationale for announcing it then sounds exactly like them too. They're also not a watertight company from a 'secret announcement' perspective. I think it's true.

This exact same rumour has been around for quite a while actually.  It was abundant several months ago, and was denied then too.  So it could just be "hope" since there's an announcement anyway.

Kyros said:
I would be really surprised. I would think a BluRay addon to be far more likely since MS cannot use BluRay for games.

I agree.

Less than Elite? They will be losing tons on each if that is the case.

Soriku said:
Didn't they say they weren't going Blu-ray? I'm skeptical =/ We'll find out tomorrow anyway.

Not going Blu-ray = their negotiation price is currently too high.

With the troubles blu-ray have had expanding they might be lowering their rates to get more options on the market.

it wont happen there has been no conformation or anything just a bunch of speculation nothing from microsoft. if anything it will be just and add-on they cannot incorparate it into the 360 cause then all there games would have to be blu-ray it would cause a major redesign of the system in every way. but whatever if it happens sony will be making money of it

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!