By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to turn Blu Monday?

Blu-Ray is not a 'Sony format', Golvellius.

Lots of other companies make up the BD association, the only thing that happens is because of the PS3, people associate BD with Sony.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Blu-Ray is not a 'Sony format', Golvellius.

Lots of other companies make up the BD association, the only thing that happens is because of the PS3, people associate BD with Sony.

Actually I believe that Sony came up with the technology and gathered together the group called the BDA

Maybe if they replace the current models, but we have heard nothing of stock shortages which would have been indicative of model replacement

Well played Bill Gates, well played.

But I imagine that millions of people will be busy buying iPhone 3Gs tomorrow, so the probably won't care.

Well, I can't see why Sony would go "oh yeah, sure, go ahead, make an addon or a new version with blu-ray".

I know they're not the only one backing the format, but I doubt that they'll just give the competition a reason to say "another reason not to choose for PS3 because we have it too".

Blu-ray (whether people think it's an advantage or not) is something that PS3 can say "it's only available on our thing", so why would they give that surplus away? :-/

And like some people said: MS had already stated that they were not interested in BR.

Around the Network

And MS wouldn't be announcing new hardware with integrated BR drives if they weren't already in the production pipelines as the announcement of a new model could potentially cannibalize current sales of consoles.

Unless they're going with a 4 tier product line up, MS would be left with a glut of inventory.

Like everyone's been saying; wait until Monday.

How this would have anything to do with upstaging any announcements from Apple is a mystery to me.

greenmedic88 said:
And MS wouldn't be announcing new hardware with integrated BR drives if they weren't already in the production pipelines as the announcement of a new model could potentially cannibalize current sales of consoles.

Unless they're going with a 4 tier product line up, MS would be left with a glut of inventory.

Like everyone's been saying; wait until Monday.

How this would have anything to do with upstaging any announcements from Apple is a mystery to me.

Nicely put.  Especially the last sentence.

Sony make money no matter what, so their laughing.

If it's an add-on, that's fine, maybe it even makes sense to have one.

If they're adding it to the 360 itself, I don't think it makes sense. IMO they should avoid having a model which is close in price and capabilities to the PS3, otherwise they're decreasing/eliminating their price advantage in the eyes of the consumer.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens tomorrow. I also don't understand how this has much to do with Apple.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I would like an add on for the day that I finally get a HDTV.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.