By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New AFRIKA trialer(Online singstar-like community)

SpartanFX said:

did anyone notice the lizard right at the end of the trailer?it looks amaizing

Edit:here is the lizzard

woww 

yeah it looks very cool

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

i came.

BCNR34 said:
i came.

lol,,I believe you missed the rest,,,you came to realize that you like this game ;),,right?

here is another in-game photo,,,,

the graphics are impressive 

I don't know what happened but it looked like at some point, around 70% of the trailer real images are used, that Lion that yawns, followed by that hippo and elephants, it looks just too real to be part of the game

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

The graphics look great! I'll be getting this, methinks. But as for the concept being unique: Pokemon Snap, Endless Ocean, and this game say hi:

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Why are you people telling me this looks amazing? Sure, the animals look great but the environments look like crap.

Look at the ground there. It's like they took all their texture space for the characters and forgot they had to put them in an environment. I've seen PS2 games with better textures.

Unbelievable graphics. Damn I hope they take the artwork and engine and make a "real" game out of it. ( a game where you blow up stuff, thats what a game needs, sue me )

Look at the ground there.

Oh get real. This trailer has some of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen, is in many areas almost photorealistic and you focus on the ground in one image? Thats almost like the guys looking for the single screen tearing in Uncharted just to have found a problem.

And since someone brought up that Wild African Safari, I never heard of it and decided to see how they did their ground textures.

While the rocks look about as good as Afrika's (Afrika's are slightly cleaner) the ground looks amazing compared to Afrika's. Sure, it's a little more blurry but the fact it's not a flat texture just adds so much.

And I'm not really trying to compare the two games, I'm just trying to show off how bad that environment textures in Afrika are. They look amazing from far away but like absolute crap up close.

-edit-

For the love of God people, I'm not trying to compare the Wii to the PS3.  I'm just comparing two similar games and showing the difference between a flat high-res tiled texture and a flat low-res texture with painted objects standing out.  Come on, even UT2k4 could do that.