By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New AFRIKA trialer(Online singstar-like community)

If this game turns out to be PSN I'd probably buy it. Doubt it will be, though.

Around the Network

Afrika should be Boycotted.... it's just ridiculous that they haven't shown any violence or weapons in this game.

The animals looks great, the ground needs a lot of improvement, is like the good old PS2 days... oh wait...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I watched the trailer and looked at the pictures. I don't think the graphics are that great. They are decent. As twestern said, the environment is pretty crappy. The animals themselves are at the level of good, but nothing mindblowing. It looks like a quirky fun title but don't get too carried away about graphics.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Imperial said:
twesterm said:
Once again, far away they look great. But when your character is in screen and you can see the ground they are terrible.

The top one is horrible, but I'm not sure of the distance there, but I bet if you get close to that last one it will look pretty bad.
This is pretty much a niche game with little to no competition what so ever . IMO the Wii game makes Afrika look godly even , the two games don't even compare in overall graphical quality.
It may be pretty bad in your opinion but considering there's little else to compare it to I'd say it's pretty excellent.

It is defintely a niche market and I'm sure in the long run of things the ground textures aren't going to matter I'm just merely pointing out that all those people talking about how this is the best looking game ever are ignoring a major flaw.

Around the Network

And desert is pretty easy to make look good because desert is flat.

Who cares why they look good. Again you look for something bad. IMO (and I am sure that is not far from the truth) 8 from 10 scenes looked amazing and very close to real world. In 2 scenes you could clearly see that its computer graphic and yes mostly because of the texture of the ground. But that doesn't change the fact that the trailer as a whole has some of the best graphics I have ever seen. Especially the elephants in some scenes are better than anything I have seen before when it comes to character animation (NPCs, monsters, dragons whatever).

So yes there are deficits in some areas. But I think the question is if you would rather have a game that is awesome in one area and ok in another or one game that is quite good in every aspect. I like the first one better you seem to like the second one better.

Kyros said:
And desert is pretty easy to make look good because desert is flat.

Who cares why they look good. Again you look for something bad. IMO (and I am sure that is not far from the truth) 8 from 10 scenes looked amazing and very close to real world. In 2 scenes you could clearly see that its computer graphic and yes mostly because of the texture of the ground. But that doesn't change the fact that the trailer as a whole has some of the best graphics I have ever seen. Especially the elephants in some scenes are better than anything I have seen before when it comes to character animation (NPCs, monsters, dragons whatever).

So you're saying as long as one part looks good you don't care if they half ass the rest of the game?

So you're saying as long as one part looks good you don't care if they half ass the rest of the game?

Again I don't know how the game looks when playing it. But in the trailer 80% of the scenes looked amazing and outstanding. In every aspect. I have no problem with the fact that there are 20% of the scenes where the ground didn't look perfect.

I can appreciate a game that displays the main focus perfectly and has some flaws when you grouch.

You know exactly how it looks while you're playing it. You run around as some dude that looks like he was ripped straight out of Home (not saying that's a negative, it's just what it looks like) and you spend a good amount of time with the ground right in the focus.

I guess that's the difference between you me. You can tolerate them completely forgetting to put the same love into the environment that you spend the whole game in while I expect them to put at least some effort into the play space.

I mean really, I could make a better looking environment from scratch in Unreal Tournament 2004 in 30 minutes than that.  They're just being lazy and hoping people are distracted by the animals.

twesterm said:
Imperial said:
twesterm said:
Once again, far away they look great. But when your character is in screen and you can see the ground they are terrible.

The top one is horrible, but I'm not sure of the distance there, but I bet if you get close to that last one it will look pretty bad.
This is pretty much a niche game with little to no competition what so ever . IMO the Wii game makes Afrika look godly even , the two games don't even compare in overall graphical quality.
It may be pretty bad in your opinion but considering there's little else to compare it to I'd say it's pretty excellent.

It is defintely a niche market and I'm sure in the long run of things the ground textures aren't going to matter I'm just merely pointing out that all those people talking about how this is the best looking game ever are ignoring a major flaw.

Nobody said that.  People said it looks amazing, and it does, even with the mediocre ground textures.