By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is with the boycotting?

for god's sake, is that screen for Wii? seems like Ds....

lol....although i started to like Ubisft.... (RedSteel and Prince of Persia for Wii + the RRR games are great, now they suck, i hope their stupid games will sell horribly.....

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

Who the hell cares . Ubisoft is not supporting the PSP fo a looong time, and all they give are some crappy ports of movie-based games ... so yeah , I dont give a f*** of what Wii owners get or dont get ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Leni said:

for god's sake, is that screen for Wii? seems like Ds....

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Wii owners are unhappy with 3rd party support, period.

Thanks for clearing this up. Also I think wii owners should wait until 3rd parties finally recognize the wii. I do get how some you can get because I got mad when monster hunter got moved to the wii. Still at least the wii is still getting quality 1st party support (nintendo the best). Just simply wit it out and all will turn out well

Around the Network
a12331 said:
Thanks for clearing this up. Also I think wii owners should wait until 3rd parties finally recognize the wii. I do get how some you can get because I got mad when monster hunter got moved to the wii. Still at least the wii is still getting quality 1st party support (nintendo the best). Just simply wit it out and all will turn out well

Well either ubisoft is keeping their real Wii support under wraps, or they will turn this around, or they will be left in the dust. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mummelmann said:
Wii owners are unhappy with 3rd party support, period.

Thanks I was having trouble talking and it's much easier when you just put words in my mouth for me.

I'm upset at certain practices by 3rd parties as it relates to the Wii but i'm not satisfied with certain practices by 3rd parties as it relates to the PS3 either.  And judging by the posts here regarding inferior ports to the PS3 from the 360 I would probably not be alone. 

Ubisoft could release a Dogz/Catz/Aardvarkz/Hungry Hungry Hippoz title every week for the Wii and I would still sing their praises if they attempted to release a quality core title for the Wii.

Capcom didn't port DMC4 or Lost Planet to the Wii but nobody cared.  They've primarily thrown old ports from the previous generation at us but they are still considered one of the better Wii 3rd parties as they also tried some original effort for core titles with RE:UC and Zack & Wiki.

EA is a company most gamers despise but many Wii owners haven't complained nearly as much about them due to their actually taking the Wii seriously with a ground-up designed for Wii Madden and core titles like MoH:H2, Boom Blox, Godfather, and others.  People don't care about them having released MySims or EA Playground when they also try to make a quality effort for core gamers.

I could go on and on but i'll just sum it up.  Wii owners aren't upset at 3rd party support "period".  Wii owners get upset when developers ignore the core gamer userbase and leech off the casuals to fund projects for HD gamers.  No Wii owners have "Boycott Epic/Bioware" sigs.  Neither company supports the Wii and both have representatives who have actually come out against the Wii philosophy vocally but they don't try to simultaneously take advantage of its userbase either.

Anybody would think Ubisoft are the only third party developer out there

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well, some people are chained to their brand name. These people are called fanboys. Despite the fact that Miyamoto / Iwata clearly stated they were going a different direction this generation, some of their fanboys don't believe it.

The truth is, many companies have invested in development technology for HD consoles and PC, and want to continue utilizing their investments. It doesn't make sense just to get out their GameCube development kits (which have been face-lifted to Wii), when this gen will last only a few more years, and Nintendo will possibly go HD next generation.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
Well, some people are chained to their brand name. These people are called fanboys. Despite the fact that Miyamoto / Iwata clearly stated they were going a different direction this generation, some of their fanboys don't believe it.

The truth is, many companies have invested in development technology for HD consoles and PC, and want to continue utilizing their investments. It doesn't make sense just to get out their GameCube development kits (which have been face-lifted to Wii), when this gen will last only a few more years, and Nintendo will possibly go HD next generation.

Ah, the old "costing less to make those games magically isn't sensible" argument.

That isn't sense. That's just being set in their ways. That's why High Voltage more or less said they were disgusted with those developers. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs