By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is with the boycotting?

I don't mind ubisoft making quick cash-ins for the wii, but they should use some of those profits to fund quality titles for the wii not just the HD consoles. If the games for the HD consoles need to be funded by profitable games, then why would a profit seeking company even make them?

Ubisoft Boycott +1

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
Im actually supporting ubisofts decision on this....

Cool.

You getting both Dogz and Babyz or do you have a favourite?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

And then wii fanboys realised they bought a non-gamer system...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Bokal said:
And then wii fanboys realised they bought a non-gamer system...

Joke account??  Anyway, yea the Wii fanboys are crying giving the rest of us Wii owners a bad name.  It is screwed up what Ubi is doing but it is business, the Wii has enough great games to keepme occupied for now.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Actually I created this account(my first one) to be able to write this "joke" (which is not such a joke...) but I tend to use it for real. So no... it's not a joke account.

Ok, there are some real games on the wii, all produced by nintendo. But most of the actual production is party games, non games (cerebral academy, wii fit, wii sports, wii olympics,...) and casuals.
Don't get me wrong, these are fun or/and useful, and I definitely understand you like em. But they aren't truly games for gamers.

So now that Ubisoft says it's gonna sell casual games and make games for gamers on HD systems, don't act like you didn't knew it would be like that. You've been told million times.

Around the Network
Bokal said:
Actually I created this account(my first one) to be able to write this "joke" (which is not such a joke...) but I tend to use it for real. So no... it's not a joke account.

Ok, there are some real games on the wii, all produced by nintendo. But most of the actual production is party games, non games (cerebral academy, wii fit, wii sports, wii olympics,...) and casuals.
Don't get me wrong, these are fun or/and useful, and I definitely understand you like em. But they aren't truly games for gamers.

So now that Ubisoft says it's gonna sell casual games and make games for gamers on HD systems, don't act like you didn't knew it would be like that. You've been told million times.

Oh no... please don't stop! Can I get a Bingo?

Jaos said:
Bokal said:

Oh no... please don't stop! Can I get a Bingo?

And "Just get a PS3/360 for hardcore games," should be on the new bingo board. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

tabsina said:
i'm pretty sure its more due to the fact that they said "this is what wii owners want" when announcing:

rather than just ignoring the wii 'hardcore' userbase.. they insulted it by claiming to know what they wanted and that this was it..

quality like that displayed in the picture above is just unacceptable in the year 2008

WOW I could draw straigher lines than that , but regardless it's not like Nintendo are putting out these games there are plenty other developers you can get your Wii games from. 

Hahahhaa LMAO @ Bokal. Welcome to the Chartz, scumbag. I'm the most hardcore gamer in the universe, and I only have a Wii. If you claim to be more hardcore than me, post your pictures of you posing naked with your gaming paraphernalia.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Hahahhaa LMAO @ Bokal. Welcome to the Chartz, scumbag. I'm the most hardcore gamer in the universe, and I only have a Wii. If you claim to be more hardcore than me, post your pictures of you posing naked with your gaming paraphernalia.

Hehe, I've seen pics of a playmate on a ferrari, that doesn't make her a champion driver. By the way, I have to thank you, in the name of all mankind, for these nice pics you offer us.