By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
amp316 said:
I actually like Red Steel and that's a good joke. I give it a 9.5.

I like it but give it an 8.5

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
None of these two. For once participate in the Mario Kart league, every Tuesday and Thursday at 21:00.

I signed up. I'll be there if I did it correctly. I don't have to race you though do I? I've heard stories. LOL Brawl 4 Life has me as one of his friends.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Torillian said:
Oh god...please don't start the trend of rating posts. I hate every time I see Profcrab do it and if anyone else starts it I might be forced to start wishing cancer upon you all.

Cancer? Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I would recommend that you buy Brawl first. It won't last you forever, it's basically like a Melee expansion pack. But it should last you a good amount of time and you'll have some fun.

While you're doing that, you can also play the other games in the MGS series and buy them for cheap from eBay or Amazon. With the cheap costs, you'll be able to afford to save up for MGS4, and by then, the story won't be confusing for you.

amp316 said:
Torillian said:
Oh god...please don't start the trend of rating posts. I hate every time I see Profcrab do it and if anyone else starts it I might be forced to start wishing cancer upon you all.

Cancer? Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

Psh.....fine if you're going to whine about it I'll start with a mild rash.....gawd.

Around the Network

Bro, get Super Smash Bros. Brawl...MGS4 is probably going to confuse you a bit. Not playing MGS, MGS2, MGS3 is certainly not recommend to move up to MGS4.

well MGS is known for its story,and since you have ne experience with it i say you should buy brawl

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

A tough one, really. I haven't played SSBB (I have, unfortunately, never owned a Nintendo console; also, I live in Europe too) but I've played all non-handheld MGS games.

From what I've understood, you can enjoy MGS4 even without playing the previous games. However, you'll definitely enjoy it even more if you've played the previous games. Also, if you can appreciate a good story (and preferably cutscenes as well), you'll like MGS. And MGS probably has more depth than SSBB. You should also remember it's not a shooter (well, apparently you can play MGS4 as a shooter though). Oh, if you don't like Nintendo's 'Europe must wait' policy you'll definitely want to pick up MGS4 first.

It really depends. What kind of a person you are when it comes to games? What kinds of games do you like (most importantly, do you enjoy games that have even a little depth)?

EDIT: MGS will also have replay value if you want to collect stuff, a stealth device for example. Personally I enjoy getting all the stuff I can get. On top of that, MGS4 apparently has even more gameplay than the previous ones so even the first time should take longer.

Brawl - wait uh Europe huh? then omfg Nintendo is so lame =.=

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

definately brawl. Without the backstory, you'll probably be lost in MGS4 and not have the same appreciation for it.

And despite what some one above said, Brawl has more than a little depth. There is plenty there to keep you busy. I've had it since launch day at midnight and I still play it regularly (a few times a week) both offline and on. Brawl will be able to last you easily until you can get enough money for MGS4 later.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.