By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo $50 price reduction

OP: I cant understand how you see Nintendo losing the war if they dont do a price cut now, Im really intrigued in understanding your logic.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

If i was ninty, ill be worry in keep the biggest market which happens to be America.

not a fan but a gamer

Well sooner or later they're going to release the wii for $99.99 once the demand significantly lowers. Hell it helped the GC score some decent profit.

@ trestes

look nintendo is great and all, but competition can get tougher with a price cut of ms in amercas.

not a fan but a gamer

Tell that to Microsoft Europe.  I think you overestimate the impact price is having on peoples perception and purchasing decisions behind the Wii.  It has more value to people than "just another game console".

Around the Network

Lol... the 360 is cheaper than the Wii in Europe, and it sells 3 times less than the Wii every week. Doesn't that tell you something?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ok let me explain, if nintendo does decide in a price-drop it will force microsoft and sony to play at a biigger siisadvantage. since they lose money for each console sale. moreover, it can drown a bigger fanbase and get major 3-party support, thus resulting in a victory for the console wars.

not a fan but a gamer

Wii won't price drop considering that every wii sells at the current price.

The second that the system quits selling out within a day of shipment and begins to stockpile at retail is when the price will drop.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

^yeah that if wii gets a price drop it would even sell more then that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I predict Nintendo will drop the price to $200 in or by July 2009.

and what about the DS!? When will that get a price drop? It was $150 at launch in November of 2004. Then in August of 2005, it recieved a $20 price drop. The next price drop will obviously be by $30, lowering it to $100. I predict that will happen in or by October of 2009.