By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo $50 price reduction

consider that building a wii cost less two years after its original releese thank to technological advances.

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

also ds got a price cut soon fter releese after psp came-out in order to keep it at bay.

not a fan but a gamer

you gus can't tell me it help ds to overcome psp.

not a fan but a gamer

I like Bacon said:

I predict Nintendo will drop the price to $200 in or by July 2009.

and what about the DS!? When will that get a price drop? It was $150 at launch in November of 2004. Then in August of 2005, it recieved a $20 price drop. The next price drop will obviously be by $30, lowering it to $100. I predict that will happen in or by October of 2009.

yeah i think it will be before the holidays of 09

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

jhonip said:
i mean if 360 brings a price cut to america( its home) and pares with the wii's price it can shift people.

The X360 is cheaper than the Wii in Europe still people don't shift.

A console need games to sell good not pricedrops...

Around the Network

Yea, but if they can't meet demand now, why would they create more demand? To screw consumers?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

jhonip said:
ok let me explain, if nintendo does decide in a price-drop it will force microsoft and sony to play at a biigger siisadvantage. since they lose money for each console sale. moreover, it can drown a bigger fanbase and get major 3-party support, thus resulting in a victory for the console wars.

Somehow I have a feeling that Sony and MS are not trying to compete with the Wii anymore they know that they lost it, but are competing with each other now.

@ konichiwa
but each market is different and america loves fps( ms)

not a fan but a gamer

@ trestes

that is the game nintendo has been playing all along. look: why did nintendo never really pushed production up? they wa
hant to create a frenzy, and ms tryed to played that game with "suplyies issues". all i say its that ninty should finish this war.

not a fan but a gamer

jhonip said:
@ konichiwa
but each market is different and america loves fps( ms)

but 360 got most of the fps market last year with all those huge fps's espeacially halo 3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"