By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Will NOT have any TV Marketing in NA ---- SONY's Arrogance!!

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-151990.aspx

Tv adds will start from now on.

Around the Network

Alright....watched MTV and there is definitely a TV spot for MGS4 on after the show, with reminders during the commercial breaks

I watched MTV just to prove you wrong Darth......so I hope you know we're now mortal enemies.

I'm watching the MTV awards and i just saw a tiny advert for MGS4 and at the end it said "stick around for the end, where you can see a theatrical trailer of Metal Gear Solid 4 at the end of the awards" or something like that :P

Now I HAVE to watch the awards lol

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I could be wrong about this but... isn't it Konami as the developer and publisher that would be responsible for advertising and not sony?

Yes

MGS will sell 2 mln. in NA.
Atleast by the end of year. =)
Relax people. ;)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I've seen many Haze ads. I bet that's why it sold as well as it did. Its not from word of mouth, that's for sure.

this is one game that needs to be advertised,konami has helped sony,now they should help konami

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Sony have only just begun to pull their head out of their ass, of course they're gonna advertise it.

I've just seen an ad for Boom Bloz for crying out loud....how can they seriously not advertise MGS4 when that game gets ads!?

(and yes i know they are for different consoles)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sony prefers Thumbs up ads over MGS4 ads;...