By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Will NOT have any TV Marketing in NA ---- SONY's Arrogance!!

The_God_of_War said:
Sony have only just begun to pull their head out of their ass, of course they're gonna advertise it.

The_God_of_War has spoken.

Around the Network

Their are two tv spots during the VMA's,a preview of the game,and the theatrical trailer,all in one night.Now shutup about the advertisements.lol

so do you guys think best buy and gamestops open midnight across US without an ad campaign?I think that's not likely

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Their are two tv spots during the VMA's,a preview of the game,and the theatrical trailer,all in one night.Now shutup about the advertisements.lol

Still no way close to Halo 3 or GeOW

colonelstubbs said:
Are they fucking kidding!!!!!!!!!!!

It shouldnt affect sales, but....still.....

Sorry, but these two lines made me laugh. The only reason you advertise, so to increase sales. If you think it won't help sales, then not advertising is the right move.

Your first line obviously means you think they should advertise, and your second line says it's a worthless proposition.

Around the Network

I don't buy this. Sony had MGS4 gameplay videos in their ads over the holidays, so it's obvious they'll have more TV ads come release.

CrazzyMan said:
MGS will sell 2 mln. in NA.
Atleast by the end of year. =)
Relax people. ;)

It's about potential sales Crazzy. You gotta advertise, just to let the casuals know you have a cool new game. This move could actually reduce the amount of hardware MGS4 moves.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It will reduce the amount HW it moves for sure. I guess Xbox 360 owners should start expecting MGS4

darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34633.html

Once again SONY does a foolish & stupid thing that makes me go WTF

I mean they do frikkin drink commercials with MGS4 in it for Japan where the game SELLS the LEAST..& in NA they aren't even doing a TV Commercial.......

Nice reward for letting Konami keep it exclusive to PS3 SONY..not even bothering to market the game, I mean this is THE BIG game for PS3 this year since FF13 & GT 5 are delayed!

What are your thoughts...will it hinder the sales??

PS: No news on EU marketing yet..

C'mon Darth, N'Gai says there "MAY not be", and "IF it's true" in his comments. Don't try to put words in his mouth and confirm anything, you're actually making some poor gullible posters on this site believe in this. Regardless, N'Gai has made many predictions in the past, if you believe everything he says, you might aswell confirm GeOW3 and MassEffect 2 on the PS3.

BTW: MGS4 has ALREADY been advertised in a PS3 commercial. 

This thread should have it's title changed, OP edited or locked. 

colonelstubbs said:
I've just seen an ad for Boom Bloz for crying out loud....how can they seriously not advertise MGS4 when that game gets ads!?

(and yes i know they are for different consoles)

are you suggesting boom blox is a bad game?

Also: i'm pretty sure that the majority of people in america who will buy MGS4 already know it exists