By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Will NOT have any TV Marketing in NA ---- SONY's Arrogance!!

darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34633.html

Once again SONY does a foolish & stupid thing that makes me go WTF

I mean they do frikkin drink commercials with MGS4 in it for Japan where the game SELLS the LEAST..& in NA they aren't even doing a TV Commercial.......

Nice reward for letting Konami keep it exclusive to PS3 SONY..not even bothering to market the game, I mean this is THE BIG game for PS3 this year since FF13 & GT 5 are delayed!

What are your thoughts...will it hinder the sales??

PS: No news on EU marketing yet..

MGS4 has already had TV advertising in NA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOntJJuk0c

These played where I am in Southern California.

If they use it to promote the System in America, Im sure they will advertise it for release too. Like all things Gametrailers and Playstation related I would take this with a grain of salt the size of a truck. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

I am eagerly waiting the disappointing sales for MGS4 as it wont sell anything like Halo 3 or even Gears of War which is pathetic considering it was a new series and 360 had a smaller install base at the time of the release of GeOW. And now if it doesn't do as well as hoped it will come to the 360. Wow can it get worse for SONY?

Gamer4life said:
I am eagerly waiting the disappointing sales for MGS4 as it wont sell anything like Halo 3 or even Gears of War which is pathetic considering it was a new series and 360 had a smaller install base at the time of the release of GeOW. And now if it doesn't do as well as hoped it will come to the 360. Wow can it get worse for SONY?

Really? I mean, you just used a fantasy world in your brain to come to the conclusion that things are bad for the console thats been outselling the 360 for 6 months worldwide?

And what kind of gamer 4 life are you when you want any gaming system to fail? You should want everyone of them to do amazing so you get as many amazing games as possible.

Your a poser and a failure at gaming. Go back to your 360 and leave being a true gamer to the smart people. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:
Gamer4life said:

Really? I mean, you just used a fantasy world in your brain to come to the conclusion that things are bad for the console thats been outselling the 360 for 6 months worldwide?

And what kind of gamer 4 life are you when you want any gaming system to fail? You should want everyone of them to do amazing so you get as many amazing games as possible.

Your a poser and a failure at gaming. Go back to your 360 and leave being a true gamer to the smart people.

I think G4L may be Gballzack or 4D Gamer III. It looks like S/he is here to do some hardcore trolling against Sony or PS3 judging by the first posts. Anyway, the mods have been notified.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

SpartanFX said:
bbsin said:

C'mon Darth, N'Gai says there "MAY not be", and "IF it's true" in his comments. Don't try to put words in his mouth and confirm anything, you're actually making some poor gullible posters on this site believe in this. Regardless, N'Gai has made many predictions in the past, if you believe everything he says, you might aswell confirm GeOW3 and MassEffect 2 on the PS3.

BTW: MGS4 has ALREADY been advertised in a PS3 commercial.

This thread should have it's title changed, OP edited or locked.

QFT

listen to what he says in the video clip,,,,that's by no means confirmation.

again bestbuy and gamestop will not open midnight without advertising 

QFT @OP you're so gullible, are you religious? lol

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Gamer4life said:

I think G4L may be Gballzack or 4D Gamer III. It looks like S/he is here to do some hardcore trolling against Sony or PS3 judging by the first posts. Anyway, the mods have been notified.

Ok. I guess I'll stop. But seriously does anyone think MGS4>GeOW in sales? I personally don't think so.

|_emmiwinks said:

I guess that you're not one of those smart people.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Gamer4life said:
FinalEvangelion said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Gamer4life said:

Ok. I guess I'll stop. But seriously does anyone think MGS4>GeOW in sales? I personally don't think so.

Halo, no way.  GeOW, it's very possible that it will have similar sales.  The userbase is bigger on the PS3 than when GeOW was released on the 360.  MGS4 does have a big WW following, including Japan.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Gamer4life said:

Wow,you must have been sippin on ole grandma's moonshine bottle if you think that'll happen. Haters everywhere but if you take one mo sip, you might get your senses back-Nahh,they on their way to Mars. edit: Sorry,brah but i had to say something.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

|_emmiwinks said:
Gamer4life said:

First of all when I am specifically talking about NA and when I talk about dissapointment in the PS3, I am comparing it to the PS2 which was number one in NA. Also, if you look at the NA sales for PS3 it ss literally been dead even when compared to the 360 and if you consider than atleast 10% buy it for Bluray I still think 360 is winning as 360 is still the "gaming " console of choice in NA. I still think PS3 will sell more than 360 in WW but barely(5-10M). Even then the 360 is will be the winner because it will be more profitable and have a region they can call theirs(NA).