By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

How ridiculous is this?

What is the point of this boycott? To convince Ubisoft to make games for avid gamers? Have you even bothered to think this through?

Let's delude ourselves into thinking this boycott will be successful in recruiting a large number of supporters. Who will they be?

Casual gamers? No. They don't even know they're buying **** games, let alone who publishes them.

No, it will be avid gamers like us, gamers who are already not buying casual crap like Petz. So what do we boycott? Their "core" games like Red Steel, Prince of Persia? Beyond Good and Evil*? So we will try to convince UbiSoft to make more core games by not buying the core games that they do make? This is stupid beyond belief.

There is no need for a boycott. If you wish to send a message to Ubisoft, then buy the games that you like. If they are not making those games, they will see your money go to competitors. If they ARE making those games, your purchase will entice them to make more.

The market works, children. It just doesn't always give you what you want.

*And I'll be damned if I'll boycott BG&E2. No one bought the thing the first time around, and US was perfectly justified to drop the franchise altogether. I am grateful that they are giving the series another shot, and not about to **** them over for it.

Around the Network

I thought Ubisoft changed their strategy a long time ago, taking the Wii seriously.

Wasn't Ubisoft going to make a "My life-coach" game for the Wii? What happened to it btw?

A Life-coach game from Ubisoft would make all you Wii-fans happy, wouldn't it?

I do hate too how Ubisoft (and in many extents other big companies) treat the wii users like if they were retards that buy anything "shiny" just because they have invested too much money in HD technology. Their response in gonintendo.com shows their lack of respect to them.

Using signatures is not helpful. How about writing a decent written letter to them explaining them your feelings? and above all, don't buy the bad games from them. Also, pass the voice to your family members so they know what not to buy.

dont boycott ubisoft, they do make some good games, boycott a company with overpriced products that arent as good as theyre competitors, boycott apple!

I will do it right now I hate ubisoft anyways for making me think that assasins creed was a good game.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
How do you boycott a person?

And why shouldn't be allowed to spread a boycott? You can go make a thread, no one is stopping you.

I am just asking why people are getting so angry about what ubisoft has done

You like the PS3 right? Imagine Ubisoft released a bunch of poor efforts on your console (both hardcore and casual), and then said they're just using the PS3 as a cash cow for development on the 360. Wouldn't you feel a bit insulted? Even if you didn't, you'd have the right to feel that way, boycotting or not is a personal choice which comes after.

Is it that hard to understand?

You mean like Rainbow Six Vegas, the poor port, well I enjoyed that game. Anyway, I am getting a 360 so I would not mind. If I was not getting a 360 I would be a bit pissed off, but I would simply buy other games. i do not buy games because they are from a certain publisher (beyond reputation getting me interested) but on gameplay videos, revievs etc. 

The main problem I have is that the Wii fans seem to think as though Ubisoft is just being mean. It is not. They are doing this because it makes financial sense, and their aim is to make as much money as possible. As said about 20x before, they are targeting the casual gamer here, who does not look up how well a game has been received and walks into a shop without knowing what game to buy, and just gets the ones that looks the best. They do not know the game is crap and will not realise that it is from ubisoft, because they don't care who the publisher is

Boycot Square Enix for making remakes all the time and charging full price or even more

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

ctk495 said:

I will do it right now I hate ubisoft anyways for making me think that assasins creed was a good game.

Epic win dude it's nice to see that other people also hated that game it was repetiteve in my opinion.

This reaction is pathetic. Wii fanboys getting angry.

MGS4!

*~Onna76~* said:
Boycot Square Enix for making remakes all the time and charging full price or even more

No.

Boycott Square Enix for remaking millions of games except for Final Fantasy VII.