By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

Soriku said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Boycot Square Enix for making remakes all the time and charging full price or even more

QFT. I'm not buying *insert FF remake here* for freaking $40.

I will. Those remakes are great.

Around the Network

Where were all you boycotters when Ubisoft pulled their advertizing, previews, and early reviews from EGM just because one of the editors gave Assassin's Creed a low score? Btw, AC was a great game, and I fully plan to play AC2 and many other Ubisoft games.

I suppose you guys will also boycott Epic, Valve, and all the other companies that don't have a slew of Wii games coming out...except, OH WAIT, there's no need for a boycott when you have no games to choose from. The best way to convince a company to release more games is to not buy the ones they release, though...great strategy.

SeriousWB said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Okay seriously, this thread is pointless.

Probability that a ubisoft employee will look at vgchartz and see all these people with that in their sig: LOW

Probability that ubisoft will change it's business plan because of this website: NONE.

Common Sense: Priceless

Somethings money can't buy, for the rest there's mastercard.

Honestly, you are all better off creating a online petition, even that is more useful (relatively speaking of course) then doing what was suggested in OP. I would sign that.

Better yet, don't talk about boycotting, ACTUALLY do it, don't buy anything from ubisoft on any platform.

Weird, you think this thread is pointless but encourage boycotting them. So you'd prefer the OP to boycott them in silence and let no one else know, than to boycott them and encourage other people to? Common sense priceless indeed, my friend.

Actually my point was, most people who put boycott ubisoft in their sig won't actually do it. Whether by intention or by not reading who the publisher is for the game they buy, they will buy an ubisoft product (case in point, NMH, which I bet 90% of core wii gamers didn't know was published by ubi). That was the shut up and do it part of my post.

And just so it's clear, just because I say common sense is priceless, doesn't necessarily mean I claim to possess it myself :)

EDIT: In fact, the best thing the complainers can do is go out and buy 10 copies of NMH each. That was the problem in the first place, one of the few (if only) core titles ubisoft brought to the market was shunned by the wii owners (sales figures). You blame ubisoft for ditching the core market, yet you don't embrace them when they bring a core game. What were they supposed to do, continually bring out core market games in the hopes that one of them will have the success of SMG, Brawl or MKWii? or was it a better business move to make casual games that will sell. They ain't in the business of making games for awards people, they are in the business of making games to sell them.

So rather than boycott ubisoft, BUY No More Heroes. 

So how long do you guys intend to keep this bullshit up?

It's already been blown way out of proportion.
Ther funny thing is, as of now, Ubisoft are only really behind Capcom as far as supporting the Wii with decent quality games goes.

Fact of the matter; no significant third party dev has given the Wii anywhere near as much support as they do the other consoles. Don't blame it all on Ubisoft.

Ubisoft ihas become a shovelware publisher. Even Assassins Creed has only good graphics but was boring to play. So I don't need to boycott Ubisoft-Games because I only buy good games, so I will anyway buy no games from Ubisoft.

Perhaps if "Red Steel 2" turns out to be a AAA-Game, I will buy this. But I don't think that Ubisoft is able to make AAA-Games with the current management.

Around the Network

Count me in.

Count me in too !! ....oh wait.

windbane said:
Where were all you boycotters when Ubisoft pulled their advertizing, previews, and early reviews from EGM just because one of the editors gave Assassin's Creed a low score? Btw, AC was a great game, and I fully plan to play AC2 and many other Ubisoft games.

I suppose you guys will also boycott Epic, Valve, and all the other companies that don't have a slew of Wii games coming out...except, OH WAIT, there's no need for a boycott when you have no games to choose from. The best way to convince a company to release more games is to not buy the ones they release, though...great strategy.

First paragraph: Why would Wii owners care about that? You're free to start your own boycott if it annoys you, other than that I see no real point here.

Second paragraph: Unlike Ubisoft, Epic and Valve never promised to deliver good quality Wii titles.

You're basically regurgitating what many other posters said before you. Your contribution to this thread = approximately zero.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I personally have no interest in boycotting anyone, however I have to say that those calling these boycotters pathetic and twats are just wasting their time and will just cause trouble. How exactly does it affect you, if these guys and girls want to boycott Ubisoft on a console many of you do not own. It simply doesn`t make any sense and anyway in a few months the boycott will probably be forgotten as many will realise how little it will actually achieve. If you are sick of these threads, simply don`t bother reading or posting in them.

OkeyDokey's sig is really cracking me up, best boycott sig I hope its not seriously meant or else I'll should be boycotted as well

Anyway, somehow I really start to feel sorry for Ubisoft and may I remind you that Ubisoft is not the only 3rd party developer making messy games on the WII? How about EA and their Boogie, or whatever its called and My Sims for instance.

Really if you wish to start boycotting companies as they create crappy games on the WII, why not put the sig... BOYCOTT ANY 3RD PARTY DEV ON THE WII, EXCEPT CAPCOM. As IMO they're the only ones taking the WII "seriously".

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo