By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

Done, they really give us no choice with all the disrespect they presented us.

I'll only buy their products when they flip over and I see effort in them.  Not the idiotic crap we're seeing.

Around the Network

There's one fundamental flaw to your plan:

"Boycott" means refrain from buying something you normally would buy. So... what Ubisoft game will you refrain from buying? Hamsterz? Poniez? Cockroachez? May I remind you: The trouble is that Ubisoft don't produce ANY game we'd want!

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

So... what if you look it from a different point?

Wii Gamers boycot Ubisoft
Ubisoft creates great game for wii
Wii users boycot so they wont buy it
Ubi thinks, hey no-one buys our hardcore game for wii, guess the users dont want it.
Ubi Removes even more hardcore games for wii

Luppien said:

Ubi thinks, hey no-one buys our hardcore game for wii, guess the users dont want it.

You and your logic that makes sense, get with the program and put Ubisoft Boycott in your sig.  Take your sound logic out of this fanboy thread.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Luppien said:

Even more? is there any? That's the problem, lack of effort, idiotic treatment towards consumers etc.

Boycott... if the game is good people will forget it and buy it, like they did with DMC4 (that quite trully didn't have the company implications that this has) . Boycott just means Ubisoft now needs to do a way bigger effort if they want to please us, becausethey were just enraging us.

Their image is through the gutter, with all the negative feelings towards them they really have to deliver, and more than some scraps if they want our money; simple as that. Saying we won't buy it otherwise is a great way to tell them they're mistaken and that we really want them to change their ways. 

Around the Network
Luppien said:

What if you look at it while thinking? If Ubisoft created a great game for the Wii, it would mean their policy would have changed, in which case there would be no reason to continue the boycott.

This boycott seems to be more about the games in between "great" and "crap", like the RRR franchise which is like a peanut Ubisoft throws towards Wii owners.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

trestres said:
WOW, this thread is getting infested with PS3 fanboys, lead by an anti-Wii mod (ssj12).

I can't believe you get satisfaction out of our problem.
ssj12,OkeyDokey(you are pathetic, not us), DMJ(Agrees with everyone that hates the Wii), Disolitude, Munkeh and a lot more.

If you don't like the idea just don't spam this thread with your hate, it's a campaign we Wii owners are making it won't affect you. Sad that a mod comes in and flamebaits.

I a wii only owner, misterd who is a big wii supporter see how stupid all this is.  Not only the Sony/MS fanboys are calling you Wii fanboys out, even us sane wii supporters see how stupid this whole campaign of yours is.

Mil. Sellers:

MaximusOptimus said:
trestres said:
WOW, this thread is getting infested with PS3 fanboys, lead by an anti-Wii mod (ssj12).

ssj12,OkeyDokey(you are pathetic, not us), DMJ(Agrees with everyone that hates the Wii), Disolitude, Munkeh and a lot more.

If you don't like the idea just don't spam this thread with your hate, it's a campaign we Wii owners are making it won't affect you. Sad that a mod comes in and flamebaits.

I a wii only owner, misterd who is a big wii supporter see how stupid all this is. Not only the Sony/MS fanboys are calling you Wii fanboys out, even us sane wii supporters see how stupid this whole campaign of yours is.

Why is it stupid? Telling a company they aren't getting out money if they keep spitting on a large group of their customers? How is that dumb? Just because you think it won't work? Who cares if it won't? The point is to let Ubisoft know we won't stand for it.

BTW, a call for a boycott, among the general furor over the planned Mass Effect PC restrictions did get EA to rescind those plans, so this is not as pie in the sky as it looks. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Fuck it all, I give up.

At the risk of being unpopular.....

BOYCOTT UBISOFT! MAY THEY BURN IN HELL!!!! DOWN WITH BABYZ!

LordTheNightKnight said:
MaximusOptimus said:
trestres said:

I a wii only owner, misterd who is a big wii supporter see how stupid all this is. Not only the Sony/MS fanboys are calling you Wii fanboys out, even us sane wii supporters see how stupid this whole campaign of yours is.

Why is it stupid? Telling a company they aren't getting out money if they keep spitting on a large group of their customers? How is that dumb? Just because you think it won't work? Who cares if it won't? The point is to let Ubisoft know we won't stand for it.

BTW, a call for a boycott, among the general furor over the planned Mass Effect PC restrictions did get EA to rescind those plans, so this is not as pie in the sky as it looks. 

You seem to be missing the point.  Read some of the posts by the rabid fanboys.  They want people to Boycott all Ubisoft games, not just the bad ones.  This is the stupid part. Boycotting the shitty games is a good idea, boycotting all the games is a dumbass idea.

Mil. Sellers: