By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

Munkeh111 said:

You mean like Rainbow Six Vegas, the poor port, well I enjoyed that game. Anyway, I am getting a 360 so I would not mind. If I was not getting a 360 I would be a bit pissed off, but I would simply buy other games. i do not buy games because they are from a certain publisher (beyond reputation getting me interested) but on gameplay videos, revievs etc.

The main problem I have is that the Wii fans seem to think as though Ubisoft is just being mean. It is not. They are doing this because it makes financial sense, and their aim is to make as much money as possible. As said about 20x before, they are targeting the casual gamer here, who does not look up how well a game has been received and walks into a shop without knowing what game to buy, and just gets the ones that looks the best. They do not know the game is crap and will not realise that it is from ubisoft, because they don't care who the publisher is

No one cares if Ubisoft is mean or not, that's none of our business. I certainly don't care. What I do care about is their actions.

Here's an idea: why don't HD console fans respect this boycott? Boycotts happen all the time... When you don't like what a company does, and it annoys you to the point that you'd feel bad if you gave them your money, you just boycott them, problem solved. When this happens to a group of people who have some association between them (in this case Wii fans), it's only natural that people will discuss it among them.

There are many people who boycott Microsoft because of their monopolistic practices. There are many people who boycott Sony because of certain episodes such as the trojan horse DRM thing. It's only natural that certain things make people dislike specific companies to the point they don't feel good about giving them your money.

I understand that some non-Wii fans are replying to this thread just to share their thoughts on this, but on the other hand we have some who just seem to be using this as another excuse to be aggressive towards Wii fans. I'd really like it if the latter group stopped polluting this thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Boycott fanboy hypocrisy!

Boycott quality ports on the PS3. Support 360 as the main platform and support EA ports.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

OP: no.

i'm in as well.... screw ubisoft

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

WOW, this thread is getting infested with PS3 fanboys, lead by an anti-Wii mod (ssj12).

I can't believe you get satisfaction out of our problem.
ssj12,OkeyDokey(you are pathetic, not us), DMJ(Agrees with everyone that hates the Wii), Disolitude, Munkeh and a lot more.

If you don't like the idea just don't spam this thread with your hate, it's a campaign we Wii owners are making it won't affect you. Sad that a mod comes in and flamebaits.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

There.

Ubisoft can go to hell

People think that Ubi is just having it bad on the Wii. Fact of the matter is, they're gipping 360/PS3 owners, too.

Remember GRAW when it was released in '06? Good game, right? Well, they must have thought 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it,' and proceeded to release the exact same game the next year.

Same thing with Rainbow Six Vegas 2. If it weren't for the 2 on the box and the sprint function, it should might as well be a repackaged game.

That's why I can't care less for the next Beyond Good & Evil game, because I'm sure that what's going to be churned out will be just a gussied up version of the PS2/GC/Xbox game.

Boycott UbiZoft
Kenkaku said:
People think that Ubi is just having it bad on the Wii. Fact of the matter is, they're gipping 360/PS3 owners, too.

Remember GRAW when it was released in '06? Good game, right? Well, they must have thought 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it,' and proceeded to release the exact same game the next year.

Same thing with Rainbow Six Vegas 2. If it weren't for the 2 on the box and the sprint function, it should might as well be a repackaged game.

That's why I can't care less for the next Beyond Good & Evil game, because I'm sure that what's going to be churned out will be just a gussied up version of the PS2/GC/Xbox game.

Are you suggesting that PoP end war and hawz are just going to be remakes of old ubi games?

trestres said:
WOW, this thread is getting infested with PS3 fanboys, lead by an anti-Wii mod (ssj12).

I can't believe you get satisfaction out of our problem.
ssj12,OkeyDokey(you are pathetic, not us), DMJ(Agrees with everyone that hates the Wii), Disolitude, Munkeh and a lot more.

If you don't like the idea just don't spam this thread with your hate, it's a campaign we Wii owners are making it won't affect you. Sad that a mod comes in and flamebaits.

That's exactly what I think. Is very pathetic to keep reading them. One of them even give the moronic answer of "if you want it buy the console".

They don't realize that the anger comes because a company is insulting an audience. They start to project all their anger beacuse their HD consoles are in 2d and 3d place. Very mature guys.

If they don't want to release PoP or end war on Wii, fine. They are not the only games in the planet. Just don't come and tell the Wii owners that they won't do it because they want something else, like if they were 5 year old kids that can't think properly. They should better shut up.

And to all the PS360/ Wii-haters, Have you ever thoght that this would happen to you soon?

The Boycott is here, lol, this thread has sparked a vgchartz craze!