By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Comes with the territory. You picked the wrong horse.

You own a 360 also though, so why do you care?

I care because I prefer Wii controls for most genres, and I just don't think what Ubisoft is doing is right. It's insulting, unfair and their declarations don't make any sense.

I didn't pick the wrong horse, in fact I'm more happy with the Wii even though I own two consoles.

I didn't mean you as in NJ5, I meant you as a general term.  If you're happy with your purchase then so be it.

I just meant people who picked the Wii, and were expecting tons of third-party support;  Recent events are inclining many to believe that it won't get any better than it is right now, and the Wii will not have an influx of TP support... Those people picked the wrong horse.

Around the Network

Any word from Ubisoft yet.

You guys need to expand to more companies, i have started with Sony JAPAN, Capcom, EA, THQ......it's time they show us more respect. lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

meh i like ubi, check sig

psrock said:
Any word from Ubisoft yet.

It's Sunday ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MaximusOptimus said:
disolitude said:
Can I put "Wii Boycott!" instead?

Like I like Ubisoft...and the way you guys are making this is that you have to chose one or another

I saw your posts in the other topics which Wii fanboys(not all wii owners just the fanboys) were crying about ubisoft. I completely agree with you, free market capitalism, i make a product and choose to make it however i want and for whoever i want. If you want said product then buy whatever is needed to use it. If you want a game get the system it is on and not cry about it. I only own a Wii and PSP and it seems that i agree more with you (a 360 owner) then these wii fanboys crying about not getting some games.

Indeed...I believe some of these Ubisoft boycotters bit off more than they could chew here.

PS. I own all 3 systems :)

Around the Network

I generally like Ubi, but their support for my precious little Wii is appalling. I won't boycott them, but I will buy ONLY their good, high-budget games such as Red Steel 2.

edit - ssj12

These are not allow on VGC. 

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

Yojimbo said:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

Thanks for the warning, we'll try to avoid doing any petitions in this thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

xbebop said:
I generally like Ubi, but their support for my precious little Wii is appalling. I won't boycott them, but I will buy ONLY their good, high-budget games such as Red Steel 2.

This is an immensely more healthy attitude to take.

Boycotting a company's products  is an action that deprives you entirely of games that you would otherwise enjoy simply because you do not like part of their offering. Ubisoft is a huge company. They put out a lot of games. If they put out shovelware to sell to people who don't adhere to the same standards of quality as the average gamer, they are going to put out a lot of it because they want to appeal to many different demographics. Is this school of thought somewhat wrongheaded? Sure. But it doesn't mean we don't get good games.

If Ubisoft wants to put out a version of Raving Rabbids that works with the Balance Board, then avoiding it simply because you don't want to play some other game of theirs would be the height of folly.

Sorry - the whole "boycott" movement seems remarkably reactionary and short-sighted. I can't acknowledge it as a legitimate means of corporate coercion.

Now if you wanted to, say, not buy any of their games except for the ones that look high-quality, I can get behind that, but that's hard to put into your sig because people are doing it anyway.

It comes down to this: instead of being indignant, continue voting with your dollar as you've been doing for years. Ubisoft knows how to listen to the jingle of money in your pocket. Support their efforts which appeal to you more, let them know that there's money in that kind of endeavor, and they will treat you as well as you please.

It it makes you feel better, think of it as a "positive boycott", where you exclusively support things that you like and leave behind things that you do not.