By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

Munkeh111 said:
NJ5 said:
Munkeh111 said:

But I am not trying to spread it to everyone

As you want...

I just don't get why people are getting so angry about this, and why in the words of someone, we should be telling everyone we know to boycott Ubisoft

No one forced you to either participate in or spread the boycott.

Also, the other trolling thread was closed and now it's participants are spreading over to this one, why?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Vanadium2k8 said:
How do you boycott a person?

And why shouldn't be allowed to spread a boycott? You can go make a thread, no one is stopping you.

I am just asking why people are getting so angry about what ubisoft has done

NJ5 said:
Munkeh111 said:
NJ5 said:
Munkeh111 said:

But I am not trying to spread it to everyone

As you want...

I just don't get why people are getting so angry about this, and why in the words of someone, we should be telling everyone we know to boycott Ubisoft

No one forced you to either participate in or spread the boycott.

No, i just have a problem with the fact that Wii owners are getting so pissed of with ubi because they are supporting the other consoles more, and if this boycott is successful, it could harm a good company IMO, who are making some very good games, just beacuse they are not making the games that you want

--OkeyDokey-- said:
You're all pathetic.

I can't take that seriously with someone who has a jiggling boobs animated gift.

Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

And why shouldn't be allowed to spread a boycott? You can go make a thread, no one is stopping you.

You like the PS3 right? Imagine Ubisoft released a bunch of poor efforts on your console (both hardcore and casual), and then said they're just using the PS3 as a cash cow for development on the 360. Wouldn't you feel a bit insulted? Even if you didn't, you'd have the right to feel that way, boycotting or not is a personal choice which comes after.

Is it that hard to understand?

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

You like the PS3 right? Imagine Ubisoft released a bunch of poor efforts on your console (both hardcore and casual), and then said they're just using your platform of choice as a cash cow for development on the 360. Wouldn't you feel a bit insulted? Even if you didn't, you'd have the right to feel that way, boycotting or not is a personal choice which comes after.

Is it that hard to understand?

Comes with the territory.  You picked the wrong horse.

You own a 360 also though, so why do you care?

[quote="Munkeh111"]I am just asking why people are getting so angry about what ubisoft has done[/quote]

I believe Dark Prince explained quite nicely.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Seems kind of pointless.

I likely won't buy any ubisoft games... not because of this, but because they are just some of the worst developers out there. I haven't played one next gen game by them that'd i'd consider good.

They're a step away from being Midway.   They just aren't good right now.  They could use some new blood.

DMeisterJ said:

Comes with the territory. You picked the wrong horse.

You own a 360 also though, so why do you care?

I care because I prefer Wii controls for most genres, and I just don't think what Ubisoft is doing is right. It's insulting, unfair and their declarations don't make any sense.

I didn't pick the wrong horse, in fact I'm more happy with the Wii even though I own two consoles.

Munkeh111 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:
psrock said:
Neos said:
I don't even know why people like psrock(who is obviously a child himself by looking at his true quality posts) even bother looking at this thread. This is about boycotting, and it's about agreeing with it, if you don't agree with it, go to your boring sony forums, but don't post in this thread.

you obviously havent read my post, i am one the few sony fan who support your cause, but i just wish you'd take it further. As much as you guys complain about Ubisoft, they throw in more games than most other developers.

How many SE games have been announced for the wii, Epic, EA, and the rest. The truth is, for such a successful console, it's not getting the support yet.

EA gave us Medal of Honor Heroes 2, which is sadly, the Wii's best online FPS. As well as SSX, which is a great snowboarding game. Square-Enix has given FFCC: My Life as a King, which's support destroys PS3's nothing, and 360's Final Fantasy XI which is multi with the PS2, there's also Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, but that hasn't released in the west yet.

And this is compared to Ubisoft's... Well you gotta admit they haven't made any decent games at all for the Wii, there's Rayman Raving Rabbids but even that game is disappointing.

But SE's main support is to PS3 with their two biggest titles going there V XIII and XIII

Three points.

V XIII  isn't Square Enix's second biggest game.  That'd be Dragon Quest 9.

13 and 13V were announced well before anyone knew the Wii would be huge... it's hard to beleive since it isn't out yet, but it's been in development FOREVER.

Final Fantasy games are known for their graphics as much as any other game currently.  It's basically the Gran Turismo 5 of RPGs.  Well except GT5 has other merits.