By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just got my fourth rrod just now :(

colonelstubbs said:
CAL4M1TY said:
pinback4life said:
thats bull crap why should you have to wait 15 mins inbetween game sessions or only play your 360 for 2 hours or so then let the damn thing cool down on my ps3 ill watch a movie play cod4 for 2 hours or so then watch another movie no problems the old 360's just have bad design or bad luck but what ever it is im sorry bro hopefully youll get a 360 that works

You shouldn't, it's total luck.

I played Halo 3 co-op for 12 hours straight (that is, when I wasn't playing it was paused but still on) and my 360 lasted half a year after that, and when it did RROD, it was playing CoD4 after not playing it for 2 weeks. Here's the kicker, before that 2 week break, I had played CoD4 online every single day for at least an hour (I was/am addicted).

My bad luck was that Melbourne experienced the hottest day of the year in that 2 week break, which is what I believed fried the 360.

Anyway, I'm not accusing OP of this, but I'm starting to hate these soughts of threads, here's how it plays out:

- Person posts claiming (whether it is true or not is up for debate) their 360 got RROD for the Xth time

- PS3 fanboys post saying "this wouldn't happen if you got a PS3!" or something like that

- 360 owners reply saying "I've had my 360 since launch or for X months, never had a problem with it"

- End topic, wait a few weeks and then another one comes up, and repeat.

You'd think somebody would notice that we are running around in circles with these threads.

Anyway OP, sucks what happened to your console, now you have to decide if you're going to stick with it or sell it on the bay.

I'm going to be predictable and say buy a PS3!

about the 15 min break every hour or so wasn't the guy talking about the warning you have about epileptic crisis and stuff ???

now I wouldn't listen to an arsenal fan advice :P

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
Sigh, I was playing Kotor when all of a sudden, it froze. First I turned off the system, then it wouldnt turn on for a minute without shutting off. I thought that it was my power in the house, so I turned off the power of the houseand then back on. I proceeded turn it on...then it started acting funny. I was hoping it wouldnt happen, but it did...I was just wandering if this ever happened to anyone else?

So... did this part strike anyone else as really really odd?

no i mean that part not really.. it happens in my house..... an outlet fuse giving up in which case though I can't turn it on anyway even for a few sec... that part is odd if it comes from the power :)

4? I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that.

There is no way.

If so, Someone should write a report on this. It would make waves.

his post history says it all ...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

I don't get it. I've got the original xbox 360 and its never red ringed on me and I play it a lot. Just lucky I guess.

^yeah it doesnt happen to all,its only 33%

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

colonelstubbs said:
CAL4M1TY said:
pinback4life said:
thats bull crap why should you have to wait 15 mins inbetween game sessions or only play your 360 for 2 hours or so then let the damn thing cool down on my ps3 ill watch a movie play cod4 for 2 hours or so then watch another movie no problems the old 360's just have bad design or bad luck but what ever it is im sorry bro hopefully youll get a 360 that works

You shouldn't, it's total luck.

I played Halo 3 co-op for 12 hours straight (that is, when I wasn't playing it was paused but still on) and my 360 lasted half a year after that, and when it did RROD, it was playing CoD4 after not playing it for 2 weeks. Here's the kicker, before that 2 week break, I had played CoD4 online every single day for at least an hour (I was/am addicted).

My bad luck was that Melbourne experienced the hottest day of the year in that 2 week break, which is what I believed fried the 360.

Anyway, I'm not accusing OP of this, but I'm starting to hate these soughts of threads, here's how it plays out:

- Person posts claiming (whether it is true or not is up for debate) their 360 got RROD for the Xth time

- PS3 fanboys post saying "this wouldn't happen if you got a PS3!" or something like that

- 360 owners reply saying "I've had my 360 since launch or for X months, never had a problem with it"

- End topic, wait a few weeks and then another one comes up, and repeat.

You'd think somebody would notice that we are running around in circles with these threads.

Anyway OP, sucks what happened to your console, now you have to decide if you're going to stick with it or sell it on the bay.

I'm going to be predictable and say buy a PS3!

Well, when my PS3 dies of RRoD, I shall let you all know.

I love how some people rather stick their head in the sand than believe someone who has absolutely no reason to lie. Just be glad it didn't happen to you and feel bad for the poor fellow.

Nobody deserves to have their console sent out for repair for up to 8 weeks, much less 4 times. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

PS3 : 30

XBOX 360 : 0

jerseyboy609 said:
Sigh, I was playing Kotor when all of a sudden, it froze. First I turned off the system, then it wouldnt turn on for a minute without shutting off. I thought that it was my power in the house, so I turned off the power of the houseand then back on. I proceeded turn it on...then it started acting funny. I was hoping it wouldnt happen, but it did...I was just wandering if this ever happened to anyone else?

Well after a modest two hours of gaming my 360 froze on me Saturday evening.

Its a 3month old Elile (Falcon chip, 175w power) It never gets hot and I have had it running for 8hrs + with no problems.

I had to turn it off then on again, then it crashed again, then again.  Then it worked fine for another 2 hours before I turned it off!

It crashed when I pressed the Microsoft X button (I forget its official name) to access friends/chat and it happened in game and on the dashboard!  Very strange.