By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just got my fourth rrod just now :(

youve had more than me, ive had 2, and several discs scratched.

Around the Network

Not to be negative or anything but this the reason I will not buy a 360. Great games on it but the console is so unreliable.

SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Seriously, how do you guys do it? Is there a secret or something? Not trying to sound mean or anything... o_o

do wat?

Get a RROD. I've got my 360 for a year now and nothing bad happened to it (yet).

Just wondering, do you guys STOP playing sometimes, like every hour or something (and take that recommended 15 min break each gaming session)? o_o

It's not hard to get RROD.... As a matter of fact, I think it's really about the hardware that you get. I know people that treat their 360s like crap and never get RROD, and I know people that take care of the 360 and get RROD multiple times. The only time my 360 RRODed on me was right at the moment I turned the button on, and since I've gotten my replacement, I've done 4-6 hour Mass Effect runs on my 360 and have nothing happen (except disk read errors)

its only happened once to my cousins 360

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

You have a really really bad luck ;/, you should sell it :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

Welcome to my point of view my friend. Although I only had 3... :C

SHMUPGurus said:
Seriously, how do you guys do it? Is there a secret or something? Not trying to sound mean or anything... o_o

4/5 of 360 owners won't get the RROD.  Chances are in your favor dude. 

It's not like a majority of people red ring, it's just the chances of it doing so are more likely than most other products ever released.  

I am really glad I held out until october.... better reliability....... but I missed out on those 2 free games... damn..... But I guess they are worthless if they are all scratched up

If the 360 didn't have red ring, it would be the best console I have ever owned in my life. Actually though, isn't it? I haven't gotten red ring.... so I guess it is.
As for handhelds, that's another story. (psp! although my psp hardware is shitty, it eats my umd's!)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

that sucks man.

I still havent had rod and ive had mine since launch

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Imthelegend said:
Not to be negative or anything but this the reason I will not buy a 360. Great games on it but the console is so unreliable.

thats why they gave it a 3 year warranty

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"