By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW RE5 TRAILER!!!!(new character revlealed)

brute said:
well thats why they made the quich 180 turn,it didnt really bother me though

The 180 is an akward kludge in that respect, though it's still useful in its' own right. People can step to the side. I'm not asking for FPS-style free strafing but you should at least be able to take small steps to the side when moving around. The controls are incredibly frustrating in RE4, whether you're using a gamepad or the Wii remote.

The motion controls in the Wii version are truly awful but thankfully there aren't too many of them. The pointing ability of the Wii remote is what made the Wii version worthwhile and I'll assume that's what the previous poster was talking about instead of the motion aspects.

Around the Network
Brianna said:
Hmm... I'm not liking how this looks.
A generic full fledged action game, its leaving behind what made resident evil so cool in the first place. The atmosphere and mood has been taken out. Now I'm not so exited about it :((

I quite agree. I will probably still get the game because the visuals look stunning, but survival horror this game is not, and survival horror beats typical third person shooter every time.

Deviation59 said:
The game looks great and I'm looking forward to it... but it looks like I'll spend half the game screaming at the shitty controls once more.

If nobody noticed, it seems Chris has the same disease as Leon... he can't step to the side. Bleah. If I'm going to go around a fucking corner, I'm not going to run past the corner in a line, stop, and then turn to face what's around the corner.

Um... you don't have to stop walking in order to turn.  You CAN walk in a curved direction--you don't have to walk in a straight line, you know.  You just can't walk sideways.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Deviation59 said:
The game looks great and I'm looking forward to it... but it looks like I'll spend half the game screaming at the shitty controls once more.

If nobody noticed, it seems Chris has the same disease as Leon... he can't step to the side. Bleah. If I'm going to go around a fucking corner, I'm not going to run past the corner in a line, stop, and then turn to face what's around the corner.

Um... you don't have to stop walking in order to turn. You CAN walk in a curved direction--you don't have to walk in a straight line, you know. You just can't walk sideways.

It's still incredibly akward. The controls still suck.

Redcoat222 said:
Brianna said:
Hmm... I'm not liking how this looks.
A generic full fledged action game, its leaving behind what made resident evil so cool in the first place. The atmosphere and mood has been taken out. Now I'm not so exited about it :((

I quite agree. I will probably still get the game because the visuals look stunning, but survival horror this game is not, and survival horror beats typical third person shooter every time.

Glad to see there are others who share my point of view. I really miss the mood and settings of the first 3 games, especially the first one. I really loved exploring the mansion and figuring out what you were supposed to do by yourself, without clear instructions and follow-along story lines. The game was also a lot scarier and had a lot of mood to it. Now it seems the focus is on action zombie killing... =\ Not what I had hoped for with the future of the series.

I still loved RE4 though, and I consider it an entirely different game. It's fine, but I wish they would still make RE games like the originals.

Around the Network
JGarcia050 said:
game is gonna be sick!! i never played a RE game until RE4 and i absolutely loved it...cannot wait for this game...this is my second most anticipated game behind GoW 2

im thinking this game will be better then GOW2,2 player online co-op got announced if i remember correctly

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Darc Requiem said:
Kasz216 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Kasz216 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
I really don't think that's Jill or Claire. Jill WAS his last partner (the one he referred to) in Resident Evil 1. Claire is his Sister. Either way, no introduction would be necessary, Chris would know them already and know that they are perfectly capable of kicking some ass. I'm pretty sure she's somebody new.

Now if only Wesker would show up....

Yeah... i mean maybe it was me... but the woman looked.... African.

Shes likely a "Magical Negro" type character... that will help him save africa, but likely die beforehand... or be found lacking in some way before the game is over.

Not in the full out way of course, but the more modern interpretation of that term.

Nah its not just you. I've been saying that since they revealed her in the scan. Judging by her accent, I'd say the game takes place in South Africa.

She's probably from South Africa. I have a feeling this game is going to be located somewhat unsettlingly close to places with some bad genocide going on.

Though in a country with a fake name. Kintoto? What could that be.

Yeah if its in South Africa that is only going to fuel the mainstream media outcry. Apatheid was even more recent than desegregation.

Problem is... I think it being near a place of genocide is bad topic as well. I mean, parasites making people insane and super violent... kinda... eh...

Only "Safe" places I can see are northern africa... which it definitly isn't... or Swaziland or Madagascar

^then at which part of africa is it?

brute said:
^then at which part of africa is it?

Ethiopia, Etriea or Kenya. Or at least that's the general area.

After doing some research it seems what starts said outbreak is the volcano chain in that area.  It takes place in a desert area and all 3 countries have deserts... so it can be any of the 3.

Knowing them... likely Ethiopia. 

^oh ok,but like i said it shouldnt really make a big deal,just enjoy the game and have fun