By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW RE5 TRAILER!!!!(new character revlealed)

The_vagabond7 said:
I really don't think that's Jill or Claire. Jill WAS his last partner (the one he referred to) in Resident Evil 1. Claire is his Sister. Either way, no introduction would be necessary, Chris would know them already and know that they are perfectly capable of kicking some ass. I'm pretty sure she's somebody new.

Now if only Wesker would show up....

Yeah... i mean maybe it was me... but the woman looked.... African.

Shes likely a "Magical Negro" type character... that will help him save africa, but likely die beforehand... or be found lacking in some way before the game is over.

Not in the full out way of course, but the more modern interpretation of that term. 

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
Wii version please...
or baring that PC version.

LOLz, wrong forum mate.

You should be posting this in the Capcom forums

Kasz216 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
I really don't think that's Jill or Claire. Jill WAS his last partner (the one he referred to) in Resident Evil 1. Claire is his Sister. Either way, no introduction would be necessary, Chris would know them already and know that they are perfectly capable of kicking some ass. I'm pretty sure she's somebody new.

Shes likely a "Magical Negro" type character... that will help him save africa, but likely die beforehand... or be found lacking in some way before the game is over.

Not in the full out way of course, but the more modern interpretation of that term. 

Nah its not just you. I've been saying that since they revealed her in the scan. Judging by her accent, I'd say the game takes place in South Africa. 

thekitchensink said:
Also, am I the only one who would have a joygasm if this was Newton-compatible? I'm buying the 360 version anyway, but that would be awesome.

Same that I was thinking. 

And Newton success confirmed.

I just hope it comes true... I would laugh the HD-haters in the face.

jake_the_fake1 said:
The character in the trailer looks African, seems like it's a new character to compliment Chris, and being that she could potentially be an armed African female guide helping Chris should help the problem of people calling this game racist, after all it can't be racist when on of the main characters (I think) is African and she's shooting other Africans.

Oh no, that would suck... I hate political correctness.

And the irony.. your African side-kick has the skin color of Michael Jackson.

Around the Network

Most blatantly rascist crap I ever saw! Black AND white zombies, but no Japanese or Hispanic zombies in Africa? WTF!? And that new character? She's got a gun. Does Capcom think ALL black people have to carry a gun? And that main character, Chris has a gun too!! Just because he's American! I say we boycott this game. I'm buying ANOTHER copy of Wii Play! Who's with me?*

*if this works, I'll be able to buy my copy on day one WITHOUT pre-ordering. heh, heh...........

Darc Requiem said:
Kasz216 said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Nah its not just you. I've been saying that since they revealed her in the scan. Judging by her accent, I'd say the game takes place in South Africa.

She's probably from South Africa. I have a feeling this game is going to be located somewhat unsettlingly close to places with some bad genocide going on.

Though in a country with a fake name.  Kintoto?  What could that be.

Its clear it will be a must-have ......as all the other RE games of the mains series since RE 1 back in 1996.

DMeisterJ said:

thanks for embedding, for some reason GT vids dont play on their site

d21lewis said:
Most blatantly rascist crap I ever saw! Black AND white zombies, but no Japanese or Hispanic zombies in Africa? WTF!? And that new character? She's got a gun. Does Capcom think ALL black people have to carry a gun? And that main character, Chris has a gun too!! Just because he's American! I say we boycott this game. I'm buying ANOTHER copy of Wii Play! Who's with me?*

*if this works, I'll be able to buy my copy on day one WITHOUT pre-ordering. heh, heh...........

The funny part of the white zombies is that they just look like black zombies who had been recolored when the racism cries started.

Very few people have the blond miniafro.