By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

jman8 said:
Out of the games I mentioned, which would you say are on par quality-wise with Ubisoft's PS360 offerings?

As for the Petz series: According to the release dates listed on this site, Petz Catz2 and Catz are actually the same game. The same goes for the Dogz games. And let's face it, there's a damn good chance the Catz games and Dogz games were developed simultaneously by the same team. They're like Pokemon Red and Blue except that the Pokemon games probably had more differentiating factors than Catz and Dogz. In other words, Catz and Dogz are essentially one game that sold nearly 500,000 copies, which is well ahead of No More Heroes.

No wii game is ps360 quality from ubisoft. They are still  two different games.  People don't choose between them, they most likely woudl get them both. No More heroes is not an ubisoft devloped game. 

Around the Network

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that. 

merkh66 said:

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that. 

ANd no wii ubisoft game sells as much as the ps3/360 ubisoft games.

sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
Out of the games I mentioned, which would you say are on par quality-wise with Ubisoft's PS360 offerings?

As for the Petz series: According to the release dates listed on this site, Petz Catz2 and Catz are actually the same game. The same goes for the Dogz games. And let's face it, there's a damn good chance the Catz games and Dogz games were developed simultaneously by the same team. They're like Pokemon Red and Blue except that the Pokemon games probably had more differentiating factors than Catz and Dogz. In other words, Catz and Dogz are essentially one game that sold nearly 500,000 copies, which is well ahead of No More Heroes.

No wii game is ps360 quality from ubisoft. They are still  two different games.  People don't choose between them, they most likely woudl get them both. No More heroes is not an ubisoft devloped game. 

if you dont count NMH then ubisoft hasnt released any good games on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

jman8 said:
I just want to clarify why I'm feeling so dumbfounded. I just don't understand why I'm seeing this mentality on the internet that Ubisoft somehow owes it to the Wii to make quality games. When Red Steel sells a million, and the Rayman Raving Rabbids series sells 2.5 million and when the Petz series sells 500,000, what incentive does Ubisoft have to improve their quality on the Wii?

The president of the company had previously PROMISED QUALITY games on the Wii. Did you not notice that?

Any why should the 360 and PS3 get all the quality games from Ubisoft? Do they magically deserve them better?

That commet is nothing but ignorance and bullshit. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Okay, so no Wii game by Ubisoft has ever been comparable to their PS360 offerings, yet many of their Wii games have still sold quite well. Again, what's Ubisoft's incentive to make improvements?

My point about the Petz games being essentially one game was meant to show that the cost for making those 2 games combined was probably equal to the cost of making one game. Therefore their Petz games that cost next to nothing to make, raked in 500,000 units x $20 per unit, which equals $20 million in gross retail revenue. (There were also PS2 versions, which assuredly generated additional revenue.)

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
I just want to clarify why I'm feeling so dumbfounded. I just don't understand why I'm seeing this mentality on the internet that Ubisoft somehow owes it to the Wii to make quality games. When Red Steel sells a million, and the Rayman Raving Rabbids series sells 2.5 million and when the Petz series sells 500,000, what incentive does Ubisoft have to improve their quality on the Wii?

The president of the company had previously PROMISED QUALITY games on the Wii. Did you not notice that?

Any why should the 360 and PS3 get all the quality games from Ubisoft? Do they magically deserve them better?

That commet is nothing but ignorance and bullshit.

Because that's what they feel like doing? And its their company lol stupid question...

does anyone remember when ubisoft said they would make nintendo like quality games for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

And that million seller sold more than the million sellers on the wii. The game was also of better quality. So there is an example that a better quality game sells more. What about the 360?