By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

If Wii owners have been buying Ubi's crap, then aren't Wii owners the problem??? Why is Ubisoft getting so much flak. It's a free country with a free market disposition. If Ubisoft isn't meeting the need of consumers, then they would die out from lack of sales. However, they are experiencing good sales numbers, and therefore they are meeting the needs of consumers. I can't believe people are demanding the Nintendo Seal of Quality. Sounds like communist talk to me. The consumer ought to decide what sucks not my Nintendo overlord.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

This is getting a lot of attention at the Ubi forums :p

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9251049315/m/4081042366/p/1

jman8 said:
If Wii owners have been buying Ubi's crap, then aren't Wii owners the problem??? Why is Ubisoft getting so much flak. It's a free country with a free market disposition. If Ubisoft isn't meeting the need of consumers, then they would die out from lack of sales. I can't believe people are demanding the Nintendo Seal of Quality. Sounds like communist talk to me. The consumer ought to decide what sucks not my Nintendo overlord.
Completely missing the point.   It's the apathetic subsidizing of big budget titles on other consoles from profits garnered on Wii titles without recompensation to Wii gamers.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

trestres said:

Look at the expression of Miyamoto after seeing that Dogz game, doesn't this tell you something?

I think Nintendo should ban this types of games, unless they pass a quality test. Seal of quality FTW!

That picture is priceless.

Somehow, I've known for years that Ubisoft would one day reach these heights of epic failure.

Do these people have no pride in the work that they do?  What a disgrace... 

thats the first time i see miyamoto so serious.... priceless indeed..

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Around the Network

^^^Nobody in the room likes what they see it seems. Miyamoto looks like he is about to just cry at the epic failure of Dogz. It hurts him to see corny games like this when for the past 20+ years he has put his heart into making classics.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Viper1 said:
jman8 said:
If Wii owners have been buying Ubi's crap, then aren't Wii owners the problem??? Why is Ubisoft getting so much flak. It's a free country with a free market disposition. If Ubisoft isn't meeting the need of consumers, then they would die out from lack of sales. I can't believe people are demanding the Nintendo Seal of Quality. Sounds like communist talk to me. The consumer ought to decide what sucks not my Nintendo overlord.
Completely missing the point. It's the apathetic subsidizing of big budget titels on other consoles from profits garnered on Wii titles without recompensation to Wii gamers.

If Wii owners are buying Ubi's crap, what incentive is there for Ubi to create good games for the Wii? And how do you know the Wii owners who bought Imagine: Poniez and Imagine: Babyz didn't enjoy that product. I imagine there's a lot of elementary school girls who would love those games even if the mechanics were horrendous. Why are you placing your taste in games ahead of all others? Why should little girls be deprived of Ubi's Imagine games? The games are clearly not aimed or marketed to you. No one put a gun to your head and told you to buy them. Therefore, why exactly are you so upset and demand that Ubisoft stop making those games and start making stuff like Prince of Persia for the Wii?

Edit: I want Sega to finish off the Shenmue trilogy and make a new Skies of Arcadia. I want them to stop making shitty Sonic games. But when the Sonic games sell so well to a crowd of pretty well educated hardcore gamers, what  right do I have to demand Sega to do what I say. Wouldn't I sound a bit silly bitching all over the internet demanding that Sony, MS, and Nintendo should ban shitty Sonic games and only allow Sega to make games like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
Viper1 said:
jman8 said:
Completely missing the point. It's the apathetic subsidizing of big budget titels on other consoles from profits garnered on Wii titles without recompensation to Wii gamers.

If Wii owners are buying Ubi's crap, what incentive is there for Ubi to create good games for the Wii? And how do you know the Wii owners who bought Imagine: Poniez and Imagine: Babyz didn't enjoy that product. I imagine there's a lot of elementary school girls who would love those games even if the mechanics were horrendous. Why are you placing your taste in games ahead of all others? Why should little girls be deprived of Ubi's Imagine games? The games are clearly not aimed or marketed to you. No one put a gun to your head and told you to buy them. Therefore, why exactly are you so upset and demand that Ubisoft stop making those games and start making stuff like Prince of Persia for the Wii?

Because wii owners aren't. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28235 I make a thread about it and yet it's still ignored.

jman8 said:
Viper1 said:
jman8 said:

Completely missed my point two posts in a row.  Did you see me suggest anything about low qaulity or my own personal tastes in games?

Try reading it again.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The Nintendo Seal of Quality was never meant to distinguish "good" games from "bad" ones, it was meant to state that the game WORKED on the system.

Just a little FYI.