By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that.

ANd no wii ubisoft game sells as much as the ps3/360 ubisoft games.

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

And that million seller sold more than the million sellers on the wii. The game was also of better quality. So there is an example that a better quality game sells more. What about the 360?

How was it better quality? Compared to wii maybe, compared to 360 it sucked in quality. And the only reason it sold is because there were no other games to buy. Wii has several more games to buy, therefore less sales per game is somewhat expected.

Assasin's Creed was better than all of the wii games ubisoft released.

i believe that comment is only a matter of opinion. How do you know some little girl wont think babyz wont be better then assasins creed? Kthx

Well there could be some people who would prefer babiez, but I'm pretty sure the userbse of the wii wouldn't like the game. Not even the casuals  ones.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that.

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

And that million seller sold more than the million sellers on the wii. The game was also of better quality. So there is an example that a better quality game sells more. What about the 360?

if ubisoft put those kind of quality games on wii they would also sell grea

That may be true, but the fact of the matter is that whatever Ubi has been doing, has been working for their bottom line. Why all of the sudden change their business model?

You also have to remember, Ubisoft like all companies only has limited resources. They can't necessarily devote a high level of resources for the PS360 AND the Wii, especially when HD games require such an unprecedented amount of resources.

But they promised nntendo quality and release this shit? They get hopes up then give crap? That is really nice thing to do right?

Life's tough. Oil companies aren't very nice but last time i checked they make record profits each year.

It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

How was it better quality? Compared to wii maybe, compared to 360 it sucked in quality. And the only reason it sold is because there were no other games to buy. Wii has several more games to buy, therefore less sales per game is somewhat expected.

i believe that comment is only a matter of opinion. How do you know some little girl wont think babyz wont be better then assasins creed? Kthx

Well there could be some people who would prefer babiez, but I'm pretty sure the userbse of the wii wouldn't like the game. Not even the casuals ones.

im pretty sure the userbase would like it, maybe not on this forum but in general. go figure, more opinion

sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

Around the Network
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

Well there could be some people who would prefer babiez, but I'm pretty sure the userbse of the wii wouldn't like the game. Not even the casuals ones.

im pretty sure the userbase would like it, maybe not on this forum but in general. go figure, more opinion

Of course, that is why petz has a 1/128 attach ratio. and ont the ds babiez has a 1/78 attach ratio. 

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

That may be true, but the fact of the matter is that whatever Ubi has been doing, has been working for their bottom line. Why all of the sudden change their business model?

You also have to remember, Ubisoft like all companies only has limited resources. They can't necessarily devote a high level of resources for the PS360 AND the Wii, especially when HD games require such an unprecedented amount of resources.

But they promised nntendo quality and release this shit? They get hopes up then give crap? That is really nice thing to do right?

Life's tough. Oil companies aren't very nice but last time i checked they make record profits each year.

Then you agree that wii owners have the right to bitch about not getting what was promised?

jman8 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
I just want to clarify why I'm feeling so dumbfounded. I just don't understand why I'm seeing this mentality on the internet that Ubisoft somehow owes it to the Wii to make quality games. When Red Steel sells a million, and the Rayman Raving Rabbids series sells 2.5 million and when the Petz series sells 500,000, what incentive does Ubisoft have to improve their quality on the Wii?

The president of the company had previously PROMISED QUALITY games on the Wii. Did you not notice that?

Any why should the 360 and PS3 get all the quality games from Ubisoft? Do they magically deserve them better?

That commet is nothing but ignorance and bullshit.

No they don't magically deserve them. However, Ubisoft as a corporation deserves, by law, to release whatever games they want on whatever systems they want. They don't owe any system anything. They owe it to themselves to make profit in whatever legal fashion they see fit. And guess what: Ubi's games on the PS3 and 360 sell like gangbusters. Someone's spewing out ignorance and bullshit, but it's not me. And no one has actually answered "what incentive does Ubisoft have to improve their quality on the Wii?"

Guillemot's comments about quality turned out to be pretty bullshit, I'll give you that. But PROMISES mean nothing in business unless they're contractual. A corporate figure head is always gonna speak positively about his company. Learn to take what they say with a grain of salt.

I know about promises, but unless there is a damn good reason (FFVII could not be sold at a reasonable cost on the N64), or unless the promises are castles in the sky (4D gaming on the PS3), developers should at least try to keep promises.

We didn't think he was going to make the games as good as Nintendo. We wanted them to make more than an effort than they did.

And so what if it's legal? Who wants them arrested? We want them to fucking respect a group of their customers. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

Then you agree that wii owners have the right to bitch about not getting what was promised?

not really, see i didnt say im gonna boycott oil/ gas and they also never made me any promises