By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

the games do not sell enough to cover the cost of the game itself and have enough revenue to fund big ps360 projects...

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that.

ANd no wii ubisoft game sells as much as the ps3/360 ubisoft games.

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

And that million seller sold more than the million sellers on the wii. The game was also of better quality. So there is an example that a better quality game sells more. What about the 360?

if ubisoft put those kind of quality games on wii they would also sell grea

That may be true, but the fact of the matter is that whatever Ubi has been doing, has been working for their bottom line. Why all of the sudden change their business model?

You also have to remember, Ubisoft like all companies only has limited resources. They can't necessarily devote a high level of resources for the PS360 AND the Wii, especially when HD games require such an unprecedented amount of resources.

But they promised nntendo quality and release this shit? They get hopes up then give crap? That is really nice thing to do right?

Life's tough. Oil companies aren't very nice but last time i checked they make record profits each year.

Then you agree that wii owners have the right to bitch about not getting what was promised?

not really, see i didnt say im gonna boycott oil/ gas and they also never made me any promises

Well when somebody tells you they are going to do something, you expect them to do it. If they don't then you complain. I personally don't care if the games come to the wii or not, but don't try to disrespect customers like that and manipulate them to buy a crappy game just so it funds games that exclusive wii owners can't get.

merkh66 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

You use alot of opinion and try to spin it as fact when it comes to what games are good or not... Let sales numbers do that.

Wrong, for PS3 Ubisoft only had 1 million seller game which was Assasin's Creed at a time that there were no other games to buy. They had 3 for wii. Stop Whining.

And that million seller sold more than the million sellers on the wii. The game was also of better quality. So there is an example that a better quality game sells more. What about the 360?

That may be true, but the fact of the matter is that whatever Ubi has been doing, has been working for their bottom line. Why all of the sudden change their business model?

You also have to remember, Ubisoft like all companies only has limited resources. They can't necessarily devote a high level of resources for the PS360 AND the Wii, especially when HD games require such an unprecedented amount of resources.

jman8 dont you get it! Ubisoft should just stop all there PS360 projects and future games and devote 100% effort toward the wii because its winning!

Who the fuck said that? No one is crying because we want Ubisoft to exclusively develop games for the Wii, blind man.

We want at least some decent games, and considering the titles that were announced for the HD consoles  I'd say about 90% of Ubisoft is developing for the HD with a 99% of the total budget. Wii is being left aside and its userbase insulted.

And stop trying to be funny you failed really hard. 

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

jman8 said:
"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"

haha good point, couldn't have said it better.

Around the Network

BTW, the "companies aren't nice" line is bullshit, because that argument didn't hold water for Nintendo in the NES days, and it doesn't hold water for UIbisoft now.

Games are a business, but ALSO an artistic medium. One developer outright denying their best work, with NO REAL REASON, is bullshit.

And defending that is bullshit, because I don't think you'd respect the HD consoles getting crap games to avoid HD development costs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

jman8 said:

Then why make the crappy games on the wii? If they don't make much money and it hurts there rep I don't see much of an advantage.

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

Ugh, I wasn't saying all 25+million Wii owners are at fault. I was pointing out that a number of people are buying games from Ubisoft that we consider crap. Because people are buying the games, why should Ubi stop making crap games?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

trestres said:
merkh66 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

jman8 dont you get it! Ubisoft should just stop all there PS360 projects and future games and devote 100% effort toward the wii because its winning!

Who the fuck said that? No one is crying because we want Ubisoft to exclusively develop games for the Wii, blind man.

We want at least some decent games, and considering the titles that were announced for the HD consoles I'd say about 90% of Ubisoft is developing for the HD with a 99% of the total budget. Wii is being left aside and its userbase insulted.

ok first off, you need to learn what sarcasm is. thats first. secondly you have some decent games, Ubi is wii's best selling AAA developer (dont say no way, look at sales). Third Ubi isnt using 99% of the budget, thats shitty sarcasm. 

merkh66 said:
trestres said:
merkh66 said:
jman8 said:
brute said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

@sc945

We want at least some decent games, and considering the titles that were announced for the HD consoles I'd say about 90% of Ubisoft is developing for the HD with a 99% of the total budget. Wii is being left aside and its userbase insulted.

ok first off, you need to learn what sarcasm is. thats first. secondly you have some decent games, Ubi is wii's best selling AAA developer (dont say no way, look at sales). Third Ubi isnt using 99% of the budget, thats shitty sarcasm. 

That better be sarcasm, because none of theirgames are close to AAA.