By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

@merkh66: AAA developer? LMFAO, thats the worst shit ive heard so far, I hope this time it iwas sarcasm.

Nintendo is the only AAA developer so far for the Wii, get your facts straight.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

Ugh, I wasn't saying all 25+million Wii owners are at fault. I was pointing out that a number of people are buying games from Ubisoft that we consider crap. Because people are buying the games, why should Ubi stop making crap games?

That could be said for the ps2 or the ds also. Almost any game on these consoles that sell alot usually sells no matter of quality.

jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects.

well wait, if the games don't sell at all, then how much funding can the PS360 really benefit from their sales? bet you didnt think of that

They sell enough to fund the projects, but you shouldn't blame all wii owners for the 500k people who bought the games like jman did.

Ugh, I wasn't saying all 25+million Wii owners are at fault. I was pointing out that a number of people are buying games from Ubisoft that we consider crap. Because people are buying the games, why should Ubi stop making crap games?

It's that, with the exception of RRR3,  those are the ONLY GAMES THEY ARE GIVING THE WII. What the fuck about that is hard to understand?

If they gave the Wii just one or two games that had a lot of work into them (RRR3 likely has just moderate work), a lot of us wouldn't mind.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"
Then why make the crappy games on the wii? If they don't make much money and it hurts there rep I don't see much of an advantage.

I totally agree it is hurting their rep, but people are buying the games and they are making some money. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

@merkh66: No.Just no.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

It's that, with the exception of RRR3, those are the ONLY GAMES THEY ARE GIVING THE WII. What the fuck about that is hard to understand?

If they gave the Wii just one or two games that had a lot of work into them (RRR3 likely has just moderate work), a lot of us wouldn't mind.

They dont feel like doing that. They like PS360 more obviously

jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
jman8 said:
"It's fine if they put their main projects on the ps360, but don't put crap on the wii to fund these projects." (sc94597)

You're twisting the truth there. It's not like Ubisoft isn't making money off their PS360 offerings and are therefore just mining the Wii for cash to make futile HD projects just to piss Wii owners off. Yeah, their Wii games provided the company profit. But so did their PS3 and 360 games. By your logic, I could also say "Ubisoft is making good games on the PS3 and 360 in order to fund crap projects on the Wii! Stop making shitty Wii games and focus on the PS3!!!!!"
Then why make the crappy games on the wii? If they don't make much money and it hurts there rep I don't see much of an advantage.

I totally agree it is hurting their rep, but people are buying the games and they are making some money. 

So why didn't they do this on consoles last gen or the gen before. Why now witht he wii. Shovelware sold on the ps2 and the somewhat on the ps1.

ahhh the showelware machine, its incredible that ppl whine about bad qual graphs on it when all the proccesing power it got is comparabel to a blender.

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

merkh66 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jman8 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:

It's that, with the exception of RRR3, those are the ONLY GAMES THEY ARE GIVING THE WII. What the fuck about that is hard to understand?

They dont feel like doing that. They like PS360 more obviously

Then next time they shouldn't say they will make good games.

Psymatiq said:
ahhh the showelware machine, its incredible that ppl whine about bad qual graphs on it when all the proccesing power it got is comparabel to a blender.

Nice trolling.